Lunatic Parade Translations?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunatic Parade Translations?

Post by DevNall »

I don't know if this is the right subforum to ask on or not, but, does anyone know if there are translations of the Lunatic Parade dramas anywhere?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I think Kiz has mentioned possibly trying to do them at some point, but I'm not sure. I doubt any translations are currently around though.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Yeah, if I actually had them I certainly wouldn't mind doing the translations.

Although, re-doing the summaries of the SSS novels, and doing the summary for EB volumes 1 and 2 (just finished Vol. 2 today) are the things I'm working on right now. Not to mention finally re-playing all the Japanese versions of the game.

...well, once I get through those summaries, I'd be glad to spend more time on the drama tracks. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Evil_Goddess
Meribian Merchant

Re: Lunatic Parade Translations?

Post by Evil_Goddess »

Sorry to bump this 3 year old thread but I when I saw the title I got really excited because I own these two CDs a long time and listened to them quite often. Actually I think by now I have a more or less clear picture about what is happening there (I guess Leo is feeling bored and becomes Mystere again to go on fighting for justice but causes more trouble than he is helping anyone). I enjoy listening to them a lot also without understanding everything but if I could read for once a script the same time while listening that would be totally awesome, was there anything finished in the past or is there still a plan to release something in the future?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Well I have the MP3s for Lunatic Festa, but not Lunatic Parade. I wouldn't mind trying them soon--it'd give me something to do on the plane flight and train rides during my vacation at the end of the month. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Evil_Goddess
Meribian Merchant

Post by Evil_Goddess »

If you need any help with Lunatic Parade MP3s just pm me :)

Also cool would be a translation script of the little Premium CD that came with the Japanese Lunar 2 on the Mega CD where Lemina and Lucia talk to each other and (I guess from what I heard) have a little duel in show business and singing :D
When Lucia near the end mimics Leminas opening from the beginning it sounds soooo cute, I was often thinking using that as a ring tone on my phone :wink:

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Evil_Goddess wrote:If you need any help with Lunatic Parade MP3s just pm me :)

Also cool would be a translation script of the little Premium CD that came with the Japanese Lunar 2 on the Mega CD where Lemina and Lucia talk to each other and (I guess from what I heard) have a little duel in show business and singing :D
When Lucia near the end mimics Leminas opening from the beginning it sounds soooo cute, I was often thinking using that as a ring tone on my phone :wink:
I have that Mini-CD! It's really funny! XD
-Nobi

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

I know this topic is REALLY old, but I'd be very interested in reading translations for the drama tracks (Lunatic Parade in particular, but I'll take anything) if anyone is still planning on doing them. My Japanese is unfortunately not very good at all or else I'd do it myself! At the most I can get a general idea of what's happening.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Depending on how long it is, I could translate it. I don't have it though.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

What are these cds? I'm sorry if it's obvious, but I keep hearing about them, and I'm not really sure. Just audio tracks of the characters talking?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Parts of the soundtrack, interspersed with what're known as drama tracks. They're basically like radio segments with a particular part of the story (largely based on the novelization, actually). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Oh. Thanks, they sound kind of cool. I don't like listening to voices I don't understand, though.