Lunar 2 Manga: Full Scanned and Translated

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar 2 Manga: Full Scanned and Translated

Post by Zophar »

In case you want it, here is the Lunar 2 Manga, full scanned in high quality and translated (but not by me.)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JTDGNBXE

Just thought I would post this for you guys. This is legal since it was never licensed.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

bleeeech, I don't wanna sign up to see it... right now at least :p But thanks for posting :)

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

You don't have to sign up to download from Megaupload. Just type in the three letters they show you, and your download will start in 45 seconds.

Oh and your welcome.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

oooooh... I see now... um, I didn't even see that top part, I just started reading below that ^^; Thanks!

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Oh my gar! *DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD* Thank you!!! *_*! HarHarr! I'm gonna have a heart attack!! Thankk youuuU!!

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Thank you soooooooo much! ^0^ I'm really excited! Yay I'll finally get to see what Nall's saying in that sexy shot! xD whoo!
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Hirohiigo Togashi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Hirohiigo Togashi »

Woah. Awesome.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Is it being super-slow for anybody else?

Whenever I can finally download it, I will try and re-upload it elsewhere for anyone interested.

Hirohiigo Togashi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Hirohiigo Togashi »

I'm now on chapter three. I'm liking being able to read a Lunar manga, but the lack of Zulan and Taben's Peak severely disappoints me.

EDIT~ I don't like it much anymore. It lacks Ghaleon, and therefore isn't cool. >_>
Last edited by Hirohiigo Togashi on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I would not make those kinds of claims that it's legal. The 'unlicensed' label is almost always tossed around to legitimize bootlegged merchandise; and just because it's in another language, out of print, or whatever, doesn't mean copyright laws suddenly don't apply.

Regardless, even though LunarNET doesn't do scanslations, and I don't like the practice myself, I won't take down the link for the time being. Though I'm giving fair notice that that could change. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

I am understand what you are saying Kizyr. If you have to remove the link then so be it.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Aye, the only true legal way of it being legal is if you had permission from the author. Soooooo good thing I DLed it =P (Though point me to a place that hires me, then point me to a lunar merchandise store, and I'll be in heeeeeeaaaaven XD)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

I haven't downloaded that yet cuz the file size is huge, but I'm just wondering if it's the same to the one that's here? Cuz I already downloaded the latter. :D
<font color=pink>Beware of Phyco the Bunny Master, Lunartic the metal-rolling-pin-wielding Diva Sweetheart, and Kazie the White Bunny. We are going to take over... er, save the world!

...yes, we're accepting friends. ^_^</font>

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Yeah it is the same one. Thanks for that link, it has some stuff that I have been looking for. :)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Zophar wrote:Yeah it is the same one. Thanks for that link, it has some stuff that I have been looking for. :)

Unfortunately, their Childhood's End scanslation completely misses all the Lunar references, and isn't very helpful to connect it with the rest of the series. If you're wondering, I do look down on scanslations; I find them cheap excuses for bootlegging. But the Childhood's End scanlation is lousy from the translation end of it as well. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Kizyr wrote:
Zophar wrote:Yeah it is the same one. Thanks for that link, it has some stuff that I have been looking for. :)

Unfortunately, their Childhood's End scanslation completely misses all the Lunar references, and isn't very helpful to connect it with the rest of the series. If you're wondering, I do look down on scanslations; I find them cheap excuses for bootlegging. But the Childhood's End scanlation is lousy from the translation end of it as well. KF

Most people can't read Japanese. I do know you provide a translation at the main site, but, it is very hard to look at a picture then at the translation, and so on and so forth.
So, scanlations are a relief for people who can't read Japanese.

Had to put my 2 cents in.