ACK

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

ACK

Post by Alunissage »

I was finally going to get back to my MegaCD EB game tonight...

...and it's gone. :(

I had stopped just after beating Borgan, too.

I guess there isn't a really compelling reason to start over in Japanese considering by now I won't remember the US one well enough to make comparisons. And I have notes somewhere from when I played it before, if I can only locate them. And there are other people here who can play it and might even understand it. And I was thinking I should replay it in English anyway. But man... :|

I do have some US saves on my RAM cart...if I want to save myself all of an hour's work. :P

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

What do you mean, "It is gone."?
How can it do that? Anyway, that must suck.

Se mor'ranr ono finna.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

"It's gone" as in Sega CD memory failure? My friend had a Sega CD and it had those same issues.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

As in if I try to continue the game the slots are all empty. :( I can't use the RAM cart for the import because I need to have the converter cart in the system to play the import. It had been a couple of years, so I guess maybe it's not surprising, but it's disappointing.

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

Oh man I can remember those days. When I played EB for the first time, it took me like 6 or 8 months to complete. My Sega CD at that point was on its last legs, You had to hold the power cord at a certain angle in order for it to work and the slightest movement would cut power to the Sega CD. Usually if that happened, my saves were all wiped too. I had to restart like 3 times. I feel your frustration Alunissage. But we must perseveare. What kind of people would we be to just give up? Especially on such a great game.
I wasn't born to fit in, I was born to stand out

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sorry, did something I said imply that I needed encouragement to persevere? I started an English game that night. I just hope this playthrough I don't get freezes right after long cutscenes like I did when I first played the US game back in 1999.

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

Sorry, If you dont want encouragement, sometimes it is nice to recieve regardless, I was just trying to be nice. Mine used to freeze and shut off all the time as well

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sorry for being snippy, I read "What sort of people would we be..." as implying that you were placing me in that category unless I heeded your advice, when I hadn't said anything about giving up. Although I don't see why I shouldn't give up if I want to; I've finished the game before and have an enormous backlog.

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

Its ok, I didnt mean anything by that, all I was saying was not to get frustrated, and that I can sympathize with you because my Sega CD was notorious for doing the same thing.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Mine liked to freeze right after the intro to Pentagulia cutscene, which meant I'd have to start back up before the long Hiro/Lucia scene on the way to Pentagulia. It was because of a scratch though.
-G1

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

For the longest time, mine just froze right after the TSS opening. Then, it finally died while Hiro was falling at the beginning of EB lol...it was like "AAAahhhhh-" *screen goes black* haha. I was so mad too! My parents actually let me skip out of school for the afternoon to pick up the game. What luck :\

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I've complained about this before, I know, but when I first played EB my game froze just after the Lucia vs Zophar scene -- twice. The third time I had to sit through it, I went and made lunch instead. :P It's perhaps not surprising that that's about my least favorite scene.