Freaky Peaks

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
red9_merchant
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Freaky Peaks

Post by red9_merchant »

Can someone explain this to me, or at least point me to a place that explain it. I remember a forum I was on awhile ago and this whole thing about Freaky Peaks. Though, I left before it was solved, thus not finding out the whole thing about Freaky Peaks.

For those who might need their memories refreshed about Freaky Peaks, last screenshot on page 36 of the Lunar: Eternal Blue manual.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I don't know where my Lunar 2 booklet is, but I assume you're talking about the significance of the Phantom Sentry. Have you completed the SegaCD version before? If not, just wait - it will be explained, but it might take a while.
「まあいいけど。」

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

He means that there's a picture of a save state called "Freaky Peaks" in the EB booklet, and there's no place by that name in the game.

If I remember correctly, it was confirmed by someone through an e-mail to WD that the name Freaky Peaks was changed to Bandit's Butte somewhere during production. So Freaky Peaks IS in the game, but by a different name.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Oops. Well, you know what they say about assumptions... :oops:

The name Freaky Peaks sounds familliar. Was it used in Popful Mail? (I fear I might be revisiting part of an existing thread still, but...)
「まあいいけど。」

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

There's a Freaky Foyer and Panic Peak in Popful Mail. Does that help at all? ^^;
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

red9_merchant
Student of Vane

Post by red9_merchant »

Well, this was all very helpful. Thanks! ^-^

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Isn't one of the epilogue dungeons in EBC called the Freaky Peaks also? Near where Pentagulia used to be?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I thought that was the Dragon's Nest. But then maybe that was what it was called in EB, and not EBC.

I'm in the middle of a playthrough of EBC now, I should be to the epilogue sometime within the next couple days, so I'll be able to check.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Alunissage wrote:Isn't one of the epilogue dungeons in EBC called the Freaky Peaks also? Near where Pentagulia used to be?

No, it was something on the lines of Dragon Nest. But it's been awhile since I played Lunar 2 so I am not sure about that.

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

ilovemyguitar wrote:I thought that was the Dragon's Nest. But then maybe that was what it was called in EB, and not EBC.

I'm in the middle of a playthrough of EBC now, I should be to the epilogue sometime within the next couple days, so I'll be able to check.

It's most certainly Dragon's Nest in EBC, although I wouldn't know about EB.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Dragon's Nest is in both games. But there are more epilogue dungeons in EBC than in EB and I thought that one of the new ones was named that.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Well, in either case, I'll see for myself within a couple days.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Checking the EBC guide, I'm thinking of Dragon's Nest after all. D'oh. I think I was thrown off by it being in a different location in EB. But I'm sure I remember seeing Freaky Peaks somewhere in the game(s), probably as a save location. This could either be an error or just the name of a particular region, like the Zones.