Hmm. More Questions...

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
millennialfair
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hmm. More Questions...

Post by millennialfair »

1. Does anyone know anything about the monster debugger in this game? Or, more specificially, used it on some interesting enemies like Zophar or Borgan or the Guardians in the beginning? One of the people I know on another board found out about this by hacking the game (he did this many years ago), and it allows you to virtually edit any paramater of any monster you encounter... What makes this unique from simply hacking the game outright is that he found that the program itself lies inside the game, meaning you could actually alter the stats while playing the game itself. A box would come up before a battle starts and you could actually toggle each enemy's stats (that you were about to fight) using the control pad.

2. Anyone know exactly what point in the game you are allowed to place the 10,000 Silver bet in the Carnival Dice Den? It won't let you place that bet until a certain point so that you won't exploit it early in the game and make a gigantic amount of Silver...I know it lets you do it in the Epilogue, but I wonder if it would let you do it sometime before that...

3. Is it possible to beat the game with Hiro at Lv 1? I think it might be possible; but the only main obstacle I see is the one-on-one fight against Leo on the Destiny...but when I fought Leo the last time I played the game, I remember he only had a small amount of HP, so I would speculate you might be able to pull it off. Any other trouble spots for a LV 1 Hiro ?

4. Looking at the Meston/Arnold strategy guide, I noticed one of the parameters they have for the enemies is "MEN" and they describe it in the following manner: "The monster's magical endurance. Kinda-sorta like magic strength." Okay. Now, my question is, which is it--endurance or strength? In the context they are using endurance, it's as if they are implying magical defense... Are both the defense and power of said parameter lumped into one?

5. Again, I read a very long time ago that certain equipments have elemental properties that correspond to them. For example, all pieces of equipments that have poison protection would also be able to have defense against some certain element. (I.e. Poison = Fire protection, Sleep = Ice protection, hypothetically and used as an example.) In that vein, you could help protect yourself against Borgan's Gravity Bomb by equipping certain pieces of armor that might be better suited at defending against whatever elemental property GB is assigned to... Anyone have the concrete details on this one?

Thanks. :P

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I don't have details on the last, but I remember someone saying that the Earth Crux helped defend against Gravity Bomb, which implies it's earth element.

netequevaris
Saith Pirate

Post by netequevaris »

There's a monster debugger? I've never heard of it. And I thought that I was cool for hacking the game, too. Doing it at level 1 would probably not be possible because of the Leo fight. Hiro would only have 32 hp, and I'm not sure whether he could survive a Flash blade from Leo - even with the best equipment in the game at that point.

MEnd - magic defense.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:I don't have details on the last, but I remember someone saying that the Earth Crux helped defend against Gravity Bomb, which implies it's earth element.

Yeah, that might've been me. I always bought Earth Cruxes for all my party before going to face Borgan; it takes the edge off the bomb. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

netequevaris
Saith Pirate

Post by netequevaris »

Thanks for the tip - even at level 99, borgan's gb can do a lot of damage, though, by then, he's not a real threat.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Of course Gravity Bomb is an Earth spell.
Borgan is the BLACK DRAGON Wizard.
The BLACK DRAGON OF EARTH.

>.> bleh.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.