TSS audio in videos

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
Leo
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

TSS audio in videos

Post by Leo »

I'm playing this on Gens and when a video starts, there are a couple seconds of silence before the talking starts and the mouth movements are out of sync. The video runs through it's duration but the audio gets cut off equal to the amount of delay before the sound starts.

What's going on? Anyone else encounter this?

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: TSS audio in videos

Post by Alunissage »

I haven't, but I was using Gens on XP. What are you running it on? This is solely curiosity; I know absolutely nothing about why things do the things they do. Or don't do.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Windows 7

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I've never gotten good audio sync on streaming audio while emulating any Sega CD or Turbo CD game, no matter the emulator.

But perhaps some of you are less likely to resign yourself to it than I am. :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Shiva Indis wrote:I've never gotten good audio sync on streaming audio while emulating any Sega CD or Turbo CD game, no matter the emulator.

But perhaps some of you are less likely to resign yourself to it than I am. :mrgreen:
I'll be doing emulation squared if need be. If I gotta make this computer think it's running Windows 98 to fix this, I will. I can't remember what OS it was, but I HAVE emulated this properly before so I know it isn't impossible.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, just because I don't remember audio problems doesn't mean they weren't there. My TSS playthrough is hung up on Saith as I try to level up Luna, so I haven't even seen the scene of her farewell to Alex.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Alunissage wrote:Yeah, just because I don't remember audio problems doesn't mean they weren't there. My TSS playthrough is hung up on Saith as I try to level up Luna, so I haven't even seen the scene of her farewell to Alex.
You'd remember this. There are plenty of times where you hear talking and there's no mouth movement at all and vice versa. It's a lot worse than it being noticeably off like watching Rumble In The Bronx.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Leo wrote:I'm playing this on Gens and when a video starts, there are a couple seconds of silence before the talking starts and the mouth movements are out of sync. The video runs through it's duration but the audio gets cut off equal to the amount of delay before the sound starts.

What's going on? Anyone else encounter this?
I used to have this problem. I use KEGA Fusion 3.63i for Mac OSX, though I have used 3.64 on Win7 as well. Make sure you have a ".BIN" and ".CUE" for your files, not an ".ISO" with 52 ".MP3" tracks. This solved that issue for me, hope this helps on Gens as well.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Amazingly, it had not occurred to me until this moment that Leo might not be playing using the original game disc.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

I'll worry about that once I get a Sega CD.