Video of Nall attacking

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
MrAwesomeWayne
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Video of Nall attacking

Post by MrAwesomeWayne »

Anyone else remember that supposed glitch where Nall suddenly started attacking? I had gotten it by accident on several occasions when I was growing up. Once while fighting Ghaleon (Game froze, had to restart from the Grindery) and again while facing the Black Dragon.

Well, I have a video of getting Nall to attack now. I try out everything: Magic, items, flee, etc.

Weird and pointless, but equally satisfying. Wish he was stronger!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ygvb2P7ZCE

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Video of Nall attacking

Post by Alunissage »

Interesting. Has this been confirmed on a console?

I know when I first read about this, the comment was that Kyle had to be at level 95, which I thought was rather weird. But looks like you have Alex at 99, Kyle at 71, Nash and Mia at 52, and Jess at 54. You call it a walkthrough, but can you spell out what you're doing? I would like to figure out exactly what conditions it. Had it happen once to me (on console), where Nall came up as one of the party members when selecting actions, but I didn't think to have everyone else flee and so the battle ended before anything interesting happened. I did take a picture, maybe a short video, but can't think where I put them.

It would also be interesting to figure out Nall's stats, other than # moves (1, obviously). Would need to go to an area with very weak enemies and see if he does any more damage than 1 to, say, a slime. Might help in figuring out whether it's a weird bug (accessing placeholder party member data, say) or an actual easter egg.

netequevaris
Saith Pirate

Re: Video of Nall attacking

Post by netequevaris »

I couldn't see the video, but I had the glitch on the Sega CD console years ago.

In that, I recall that I had all the Dragon Armor/equipment and was outside the Grindery. I don't quite recall my levels, but I think that my characters were very high level (Alex might have been level 99.) For me, though, the 'bug' lasted outside the battle experience. Alex turned into a blue-eyed flying Nall, followed by the normal red-eye Nall. In battle, all my characters would automatically flee, except Mia, who would cast a Fire Rain spell (sorry, it's been a while; I don't recall the specific name.) I saved the file onto an external ram cartridge, and have always wanted to find a way to transfer it to my computer, but am not sure how to do it. I 'created' the glitch once, and, at that point, I could not advance the game because the glitch must have removed the flag check for dragon armor to enter the Grindery, and, thus, there was no continuing.