(END OF GAME SPOILERS) Best Place to Level (SPOILERS ABOUND)

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

(END OF GAME SPOILERS) Best Place to Level (SPOILERS ABOUND)

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

I know this has probably been asked by everyone and their dog several times to everyone in the history of Lunar-NET but there is no place I can find where.

I do remember somewhere, someone or some guide saying the best place to level up at the end of the game is before you enter the Grindery. I own the Lunar TSS Guide but haven't had time to read it quite yet. The enemies around the Grindery apparently give you the most experience. I need to level up everyone and not just one person so I don't think I need to run away to give someone all the exp.

However, according to the RPG Shrine's Lunar TSS Shrine's enemies section (which I presume is taken from the TSS Strategy Guide) said that the EXP a Dragon Tank gives you 6000 exp. I played through the game once and from Taben's Tower didn't save and specifically remember there being Dragon Tanks along with other enemies even in the Grindary. Since as a regular enemy, 6000 exp would have to be the most, is it worth it to fight them and level up all at once? Or would it be better to stick around the Grindery since it is easier to chop up those little play things? Or am I missing a place? Should I go inside to Ghaleon's Tower even since there is a magical fairy who can heal me?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: (END OF GAME SPOILERS) Best Place to Level (SPOILERS ABOUND)

Post by Kizyr »

I've heard the same thing, but honestly I found it easier to level up in Taben's Peak against the Dragon Tanks. I'd rather have to fight a few big battles than several smaller ones. You gotta consider the time to get into/out of battle in everything.

Although maybe whoever originally recommended the area around the Grindery may have factored all that in. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I did all of my extra leveling with random encounters in the Katarina zone outside of Meribia, and did everything before entering the Grindery. The shrine stones were scattered around the world map so it was easy to heal when I needed to. Was there a place in the Grindery called Taben's Peak in TSS, or are you confusing it with Eternal Blue? It's been a long time since I played the original so I don't remember.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Whoops. I mean to say Taben's Tower in Ruid, not Taben's Peak. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)