2 new Lunar's in 1 week! (kinda)

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: 2 new Lunar's in 1 week! (kinda)

Post by Monde Luna »

Adorable cat ShindoW! One of these days I'll post a pic of my kitties/dog. Moving on... whitedragon_nall I am so happy that you are going to play TSS. In my mind it is the best telling of the story of Lunar. While I am really enjoying SSH I've gotten to the point now where I am 98% positive that I am still going to enjoy TSS the best (storywise). Congrats on an awesome purchase!

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Thanks! I'm very excited to finally experience it. I hope to pick up EB in the near future as well.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

whitedragon_nall wrote:Thanks! I'm very excited to finally experience it. I hope to pick up EB in the near future as well.
I luckily still have that one! XD Its in this seat that doubles as a storage space. So doggy can't get it...hopefully, lol.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Does anyone know where to get replacement Sega CD cases? The front of my copy has a crack in it and, if possible, I would like to replace the case. If not, I could always try to find a cheap Sega CD game and do the ol' switcharoo.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

@whitedragon_nall: I've never looked, but your best bet is probably just buying cheap Sega CD or Sega Saturn games and swapping out the printed materials.

Gasp! I stop paying attention to this thread and suddenly it's turned into a discussion about cats. Most adorable thread hijack ever. Anyway, I has cat pictures.

Tiger and Allie playing at my mom's house. I have a couple of albums of cat pictures.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

LMAO! Freakin' adorable.I gotta post some pics of my kitties.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

My husband got into photography about the same time as we got our cats. As may be imagined, our cat pictures are probably well into five figures, if not six. It's therefore very difficult to select a representative photo, or even two or three, but here's something.
Attachments
Rufus on handknit cat mat.
Rufus on handknit cat mat.
Noro-kittybed-Rufus-6.jpg (123.04 KiB) Viewed 21184 times
Moonstone and Triquet, with cat mat I made.
Moonstone and Triquet, with cat mat I made.
Noro-kittybed-Moonstone-2-Triquet.jpg (61.33 KiB) Viewed 21184 times
From top to bottom: Moonstone, CMY, Rhombus, Triquet, Velcro.  Not pictured: Rufus.
From top to bottom: Moonstone, CMY, Rhombus, Triquet, Velcro. Not pictured: Rufus.
5-younger-cats-dinner.JPG (83.04 KiB) Viewed 21184 times

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Vyse, you have a tabby and calico just like my family! XD Awesome~ My gf says she loves how the face pattern is split in half. I totally woulda named that cat Philemon, he/she kinda has the mask. =D

My little baby was doing bad today (gave everyone a scare, more in the Pets thread) but hes way better now.

As far as Sega CD cases go, I think the US Saturn cases do match as I had a similar problem. Otherwise, try a game site like www.gametz.com to ask the Boxes/Manuals forum or get a cheapo game off of Ebay. :D

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The Saturn boxes sorta match. I haven't checked this extensively, or much at all, really, but the first or second copy of TSS I got came with a broken case -- both pieces were there, but they didn't connect at the hinge. Upon inspection I found that the pieces were from different cases, because the peg of the hinge was a different size from the hole in the other piece, so I couldn't put them back together. They were the same size otherwise, so I think probably someone grabbed the top off of another broken box without noticing. I do have a junky SegaCD game or two with an intact case, but I've never gotten around to switching out the backliner and all that.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Alunissage, awesome horde of cats! XD

EDIT: Moved my pics and comments to the Pets thread. I dont wanna clog this one.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

*sigh* I got the game running, but my game pad is acting all weird. Maybe I'll just use the keyboard......