2 new Lunar's in 1 week! (kinda)

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

2 new Lunar's in 1 week! (kinda)

Post by whitedragon_nall »

This topic will probably be ignored due to the release of SSH, but I just want to announce that I am now a proud owner of TSS! I've never played the original and I probably won't until sometime after March, but I'm very excited to experience "classic" Lunar!

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: 2 new Lunar's in 1 week! (kinda)

Post by MaroonChan »

Lucky! I had a copy, but my dog got a hold of it and chewed it up. :x I need to find a new one...lol, and a Sega CD. Ours got trashed in a flood. I still have Lunar Eternal Blue though. I played that one, but never finished Lunar the Silver Star.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

MaroonChan wrote: I played that one, but never finished Lunar the Silver Star.
Same here. I was going to finish TSS before playing SSH but I only got to Jessica before putting it down.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

ShindoW wrote:
MaroonChan wrote: I played that one, but never finished Lunar the Silver Star.
Same here. I was going to finish TSS before playing SSH but I only got to Jessica before putting it down.
I didn't even get that far. I got to the cave trial thing in Vane if I recall.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

This Lunar is far Superior to L:SSH[it]. I am glad to see youngin's learning what Lunar really is.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Youngin? Haven't been called a youngin since I was actually a youngin. :lol:

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You're in for a treat once you hear all of the music in the game. ESPECIALLY the Dragon Cave music, and Vane, and the Sad Piano Theme, and Burg, and The Goddess Tower, and The Frontier, and the Goddess Shrines, and the battles music, and the boss music, and the Final Boss Music, and *explodes*.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Silver Phoenix wrote:You're in for a treat once you hear all of the music in the game. ESPECIALLY the Dragon Cave music, and Vane, and the Sad Piano Theme, and Burg, and The Goddess Tower, and The Frontier, and the Goddess Shrines, and the battles music, and the boss music, and the Final Boss Music, and *explodes*.
Lol, how about just all the music? XD

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

I am with the consensus that you bought a fine, fine game. I still own my original copies of both TSS and EB and love them as much as I did back then. I actually agree with Jenner here in saying that it's nice to see people who started the series with a later game and go back to the original. TSS still, imo, has THE best soundtrack out of all the incarnations of Lunar I. Silver Phoenix mentioned the "sad piano theme" and it literally brought a tear to my eye when Working Designs snuck it in the end of SSSC.
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Silver Phoenix wrote:You're in for a treat once you hear all of the music in the game. ESPECIALLY the Dragon Cave music, and Vane, and the Sad Piano Theme, and Burg, and The Goddess Tower, and The Frontier, and the Goddess Shrines, and the battles music, and the boss music, and the Final Boss Music, and *explodes*.
I know I said recently I didnt remember much (I had picked up TSS and remember getting to where Dross can "store" your stuff.. I was mad!) but replaying the beginning of TSS again... the music and the darker colors make this game worth it. Also, hate the layout of Vane in the original...

Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

MaroonChan wrote:Lucky! I had a copy, but my dog got a hold of it and chewed it up. :x I need to find a new one...lol, and a Sega CD. Ours got trashed in a flood. I still have Lunar Eternal Blue though. I played that one, but never finished Lunar the Silver Star.
Blasphemy!!! Your dog must be put down...

Yeah, I coincidently was playing Lunar SSH in Japanese and then my Lunar TSS came in and I threw down (not literally) my PSP to play it on my Sega CD (aka PC but it doesn't know that.) Am I ever happy I did!! OMFGWTFBBQ or whatever it is because if they could properly port this Lunar than there would be peace in today's world. You get to figure out what Ghaleon's true form actually is for god's sake. How could any proper remake omit that. When they say Vile tribe, they mean f..king vile tribe.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

I gotta figure out what's up with my GENS. I try booting the game and it says my BIOS files aren't properly configured or something. I've checked faqs online and as far as I can tell, everything is where it should be. Oh well, at least I'm not in a hurry to play it. I'll screw around with it a bit more this weekend once I beat SSH.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Ive been using Kega Fusion, personally. My only problem is my EB freezes at this one point... I have to use a copy because my small laptop doesn't have a CD drive... Hopefully I can reobtain it or get a different one. I've had the usual problems TSS suffers but its usually only annoying during cutscenes.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Dragon Master Lunar81 wrote:
MaroonChan wrote:Lucky! I had a copy, but my dog got a hold of it and chewed it up. :x I need to find a new one...lol, and a Sega CD. Ours got trashed in a flood. I still have Lunar Eternal Blue though. I played that one, but never finished Lunar the Silver Star.
Blasphemy!!! Your dog must be put down...

Yeah, I coincidently was playing Lunar SSH in Japanese and then my Lunar TSS came in and I threw down (not literally) my PSP to play it on my Sega CD (aka PC but it doesn't know that.) Am I ever happy I did!! OMFGWTFBBQ or whatever it is because if they could properly port this Lunar than there would be peace in today's world. You get to figure out what Ghaleon's true form actually is for god's sake. How could any proper remake omit that. When they say Vile tribe, they mean f..king vile tribe.
NOES! She's too cute...though I wasn't happen. Lol, I've had to replace many things because of her. Oddly the only time I REALLY got mad (theatened to sell her) was when she chewed my psp cord (I had just gotten my psp). Let's see she's chewed, Lunar TSS, Skies of Arcadia (GC version), various cds, lap top cord, psp cord, incense, books (funnily one was on training your dog...), book marks, and probably more. Lol.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

My first DSLite charger cord fell victim to one or more of my cats, so I know what you mean. You just kind of accept it as part of owning or being owned by a pet, though. ^_^ We went through at least one Wii sensor bar and a number of phone headsets for the same reason. Something about those cords are just irresistible to those cute little teeth.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Alunissage wrote:My first DSLite charger cord fell victim to one or more of my cats, so I know what you mean. You just kind of accept it as part of owning or being owned by a pet, though. ^_^ We went through at least one Wii sensor bar and a number of phone headsets for the same reason. Something about those cords are just irresistible to those cute little teeth.
Oh yeah! She killed our wii sensor bar too! Lol took it off the tv the brat. And a dreamcast controller...ps2 cord, ps controller. Lol...many many things. Which is why at night when no ones around she gets put in her play pen. We don't trust her. XD It is hilarious watching her run with stuff. She had a package of incense the other night and she looked funny. Apparently before she had been running with some and as she was it was falling out, lol.

Surprisingly I wasn't too ticked when she chewed my Lunar disc. I was annoyed, but considering it was Lunar I took it quite well.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

There's some chemicals/odors in plastic and rubber that animals are drawn to so they try to eat it or lick it to death. One of our cats will stand there rubbing his face on one of those cheap plastic table cloths on the table, and then continue to lick it for five minutes.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I must have good pets.. sorta. We have 2 cats (the orange one (Olivar) in the pic below with me is mine~) and they only seem to mess with the cords if you move them in front of where they are sleeping, ect. Especially since Olivar is scared of snakes... I don't like our second cat. She's old and doesn't know how to use a litter box, even though we've had her since she was a kitten. ><; Senile dumb cat.

Sorry to clog the topic, I cant resist posting a pic of him, he's my little angel kitty <3

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Wow! A lot of cat people on L-Net! Add me to the list. We have 2 cats, but they really don't cause any trouble. Ashes, a Gray Tabby (or maybe Egyptian Mau), likes to play with toys that have animal parts (fur, feathers, etc..) on them. And Cali, a Calico (original, huh) likes to play with beams from flashlights and laser pointers.

I just wish Ashes would stop his 4 AM wake-up calls.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

The senile one is a calico as well. :D

I hear ya on wake up calls. I usually don't have to worry, but my gf has to get up sometimes because my cat insists on screwing around (swinging back and forth) the cat door on my bedroom door (I was losing detrimental sleep over having to wake up and let him out which is why my grandfather installed it for me). I think Olivar does it to tick her off as he still has some jealousy issues with her, but in all honesty, he's such a sweetie when he isn't hungry or wanting to go outside. <3

I'm surrounded by dog people so I am glad to see some cat people. :D