Meet the Other Soundtrack Contributors

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Meet the Other Soundtrack Contributors

Post by Shiva Indis »

I've been doing a little research on the people behind the TSS soundtrack after it came up over here, and here are my findings...

Isao Mizoguchi - Is the president of Two Five, so he's Iwadare's empolyer. ^_^ Back in the Megadrive days especially he and Iwadare worked together on compositions a lot, but he shifted to lyric writing (and presidenting, I'd assume) over the years. Lyric writing is what's kept him in Lunar game credits; he's behind almost all the Japanese songs. He's apparently no stranger to self promotion, and he has interviews in the L:SSSC strategy guide and both of the artbooks. He hosts radio shows under the name Don Makkou (which seems terribly familiar but I'm not sure why).

Yoshiaki Kubodera - As recently as 2005 he worked for a game music production company called Cube, which according to this site employed all four TSS composers at one point. (Mizoguchi founded Two Five and head-hunted Iwadare around 1993.) But anyway, Kubodera. He composed music for Gleylancer, a Megadrive shooter, with Iwadare, Mizoguchi, and Masanori Kikuchi. He also worked on Rumble Roses (with five other people) and Lunar DS (with 3 others).

Hiroshi Fujioka - According to this, Iwadare and Fujioka were in a band together before they got into the game industry. He worked on Langrisser 1 with Iwadare and Mizoguchi, and much later he wrote the soundtracks for Growlanser 2 and 3. He also does compositions/arrangements for idol albums, such as Maria Yamamoto's "Arigato wo Kimi he". (She is a seiyuu and hosted a radio show with Mizoguchi.) I'm not sure if he still works for Cube, or Two Five, or if he freelances.
「まあいいけど。」

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: Meet the Other Soundtrack Contributors

Post by GhaleonOne »

That would probably explain why the soundtrack is probably the best part of Lunar DS. That's pretty interesting though.
-G1

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Interesting; on an unrelated note, the English singer of the TSS opening is Shiya Almeda. May want to add taht on the credits for her song
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Zhane Masaki wrote:Interesting; on an unrelated note, the English singer of the TSS opening is Shiya Almeda. May want to add taht on the credits for her song
I always wondered who SHIYA (yes that must be in all-caps) was supposed to be... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Kizyr wrote:
Zhane Masaki wrote:Interesting; on an unrelated note, the English singer of the TSS opening is Shiya Almeda. May want to add taht on the credits for her song
I always wondered who SHIYA (yes that must be in all-caps) was supposed to be... KF
I'm sure that was a pseudonym used by her as an artist...much like "misono" is used by former day after tomorrow vocalist Misono Kouda.
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!