For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
SwordKing
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Small emulation problem

Post by SwordKing »

Emulator: Gens-win-bin-2.14

BIOS: Sega CD BIOS V1.10(U)

Problem: The sound in the cutscenes is out sync so I always miss the last few words of dialogue. Am I using the wrong emulator and/or BIOS? Or is there something else I should/can do to fix this? Thank you for your time.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Small emulation problem

Post by localflick »

Sorry to revive an old post, but no one ever replied to it.

When my Sega CD was in storage I used Kega Fusion which is a Sega CD/Genesis/Game Gear emulator to play all my Sega CD titles in my PC CD-Rom. I had a TV out and was able to play my Eternal Blue Disc flawlessly; cutscenes and all, plus after I downloaded a japanese bios I was able to play the import of Lunar1 which was nice even though I had no idea what any of the npcs were saying. The main programmer of Kega Fusion was also the lead behind the emulator used on the Sega Genesis Collection for PSP (and maybe the PS2 one too, I'm not sure).

Anyway, I hope that helped.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

SwordKing wrote:Emulator: Gens-win-bin-2.14

BIOS: Sega CD BIOS V1.10(U)

Problem: The sound in the cutscenes is out sync so I always miss the last few words of dialogue. Am I using the wrong emulator and/or BIOS? Or is there something else I should/can do to fix this? Thank you for your time.
Also sorry to revive an old old post.
BUT! I know what the problem here is.
You are playing a bad rip of the game... it is ISO + MP3 right?
Those MP3s, for some reason, have like 1 or 2 extra seconds of silence at the beggining,
meaning, the cutscenes sounds are delayed, and will end before the MP3 finishes playing.

I once had to edit all the MP3s just to remove that silence, one by one XD.
I also found a BIN+CUE rip of the same game, and that one was perfect. Anyways this is a downloaded ROM copy, and you won't get much help with those here. I have the real game and that one works pefectly too! Hope that explains it, though it is pretty darn late now XD

Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

I know I shouldn't revive an old thread but TSS is just really,really good. I just beat it once and I played it through on Emulator (have Original) and I had the same problem as the initial poster where there would be a 2 second delay before every mp3 file. Well, I am walking around before the last dungeon and after just fixing all 51 mp3 files...WOW. It is like a whole new gaming experience. If you have it with a two second delay every time you start a battle, the music synchs itself to when the Attack, Nall, Run command appears but when it runs how it should be...WOW.

Especially now that the music has changed to the second battle theme. I also started the game again and walked up to Luna and she wasn't cut off at the end. (I am so happy if you can't tell)

I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing I had and after changing it felt differently.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

This is my problem as well. I own both the original games but am forced to use roms because this laptop doesn't have a CD drive.

For TSS, I just ignore the delayed music. It's very difficult if not impossible to find a copy that doesn't lag because thats pretty much the only one out there. Luckily, not many cutscenes are voiced (originally I thought they all were... was very surprised to know otherwise) and thats been the only part to bug me.

For EB, I had to put it down because it freezes. I think I just got a bad ROM. Luckily, I should be able to keep my saves and continue. I was in the Destiny in that port place... not Azado... the one before. I cant believe I cant remember the name XD