Secret to getting unlimited Dover Nuts

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
scaryice
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Secret to getting unlimited Dover Nuts

Post by scaryice »

OK, so here's how you do it. I figured out that the arch-fiend enemies carry them. However I kept noticing that one combination of enemies seemed to give them over and over again. Actually, I'm not sure if other combinations give them at all, although I swear that they have.

But anyway, you need to get the following combination:

ImageImage
ImageImage

2x arch-fiend and 2x roardusa

Every two or three times you fight them you'll get one, which permanently increases defense by 2. I haven't seen any info on this before. Possibly there are enemies which give out the other nuts?

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Secret to getting unlimited Dover Nuts

Post by Alunissage »

That's odd. My understanding was that it was the location that determined what items are gained in combat, not what enemies. Although it may be that with some enemies the chance of gaining whatever that dungeon's item is is higher.

The table of what items are dropped where is in the Japanese TSS guide (p. 48 of the purple one). It looks like either the Hyram Nut or the Alcana Nut is also dropped in a couple of late dungeons, but I can't tell which without using a translator.

Dover Nut raises DEF by 2? My notes say 3.

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

Alunissage wrote:That's odd. My understanding was that it was the location that determined what items are gained in combat, not what enemies. Although it may be that with some enemies the chance of gaining whatever that dungeon's item is is higher.

The table of what items are dropped where is in the Japanese TSS guide (p. 48 of the purple one). It looks like either the Hyram Nut or the Alcana Nut is also dropped in a couple of late dungeons, but I can't tell which without using a translator.

Dover Nut raises DEF by 2? My notes say 3.
It's definitely 2, not 3 like the US guide says.

Can you post more info on where to find the other nuts? I wonder if 999 is the limit for damage... :wink:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The Japanese guide also says 3. I suppose it could have been tweaked in localization, but this seems a little bit of an unlikely thing to tweak.

I think the guide is saying that the overworld Frontier and Katarina (after the Grindery has left) have drops of both the Dover Nut and the Alcana Nut.