Mia vs Ghaleon?

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
scaryice
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Mia vs Ghaleon?

Post by scaryice »

Do you guys think it would be possible to beat Ghaleon with only Mia? Certainly the other characters would be pretty easy solo because of their attacking skills. But I doubt even a level 99 Mia would be very effective. I know she only still has one attack on my level 80 save, does she ever get a second? If not, then she couldn't heal and attack in the same turn.

I wonder if you gave her all of the nuts in the game, would that make a difference? There's also an enemy in Ghaleon's palace that drops dover nuts, which increase defense. So I think that if you got enough of them, you could do it. Are there any other nuts that can get dropped?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

When you get up to Level 99, Mia/Nash's magic is much weaker compared to Alex/Kyle's massively-powerful attacks.

Mia's only option is magic (her attacks still do, what, 1HP damage at that level?). Since Ghaleon can get in two attacks per turn, and since there wouldn't be any meat-shields in front, Mia would have to heal herself probably about every 3-4 turns. Given perhaps 7 free item slots at best, she could last perhaps 21-25 turns. And, since magic's going to be pretty weak, I think it'd take more turns than that to finally defeat Ghaleon.

I think both Mia and Nash would be impossible in a solo fight against Ghaleon. The only possibility I could see is judicious use of Power/Light Barriers, since I'm not used to using either in the game, so I don't know what effects those would have strategy-wise. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

I've got Mia at level 99 now and I used all the nuts on her. However she still takes way too much damage from Xenobia to survive (50 per hit, with 3 or 4 hits per turn).

There appears to be no way to do this normally without getting a ton of dover nuts. Just gonna have to do a lot of fighting to get them. Right now Mia's defensive power is up to 107.

scaryice
Student of Vane

Re: Mia vs Ghaleon?

Post by scaryice »

Got Mia's defense up to 170+ now, so Xenobia should only deal 1 damage per hit. For reference, Alex with all his best equipment at level 99 is only like 141. It was just a matter of time. 8)

Gonna attempt this today probably.

Pluvius
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Pluvius »

Are bosses in The Silver Star based on the party's level like in SSSC? I've only played the PSX games & DS, so I'm unfamiliar with the others.
RED! Do you know what that means? I am the most powerful trainer in the world.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Pluvius wrote:Are bosses in The Silver Star based on the party's level like in SSSC? I've only played the PSX games & DS, so I'm unfamiliar with the others.
No; HP levels and stats stay the same for enemies.

There also weren't any permanent stat-boosting items like Dover Nuts in SSS. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

scaryice wrote:Got Mia's defense up to 170+ now, so Xenobia should only deal 1 damage per hit. For reference, Alex with all his best equipment at level 99 is only like 141. It was just a matter of time. 8)

Gonna attempt this today probably.
Alright, I tried and beat Xenobia, but Ghaleon 1 still deals 70 damage per turn. So I'll to find more nuts.

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

I'm at the point now where Ghaleon 2 deals only 44 damage per turn. Could possibly do it now, but I'll get a few more nuts.

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

Well, I did it finally. Pretty cool. Ghaleon 2 only dealt about 15 damage per turn. I got it on tape too, although I don't have any way to upload it. With this and the new speed run, I think I'm done with this game for a long time. :mrgreen:

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Man... Now I've seen everything.

Well, no, now I've just heard of everything. If you could find some way of recording that to be uploaded, that'd be even better...

But yeah, I didn't think it could be done until now. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Deathblood
Student of Vane
Location: In survitude to The Reapers and about to kill Commander Shepard

Post by Deathblood »

same here. I never thought Mia could solo Ghaleon and win. Fantastic job. Fantastic job.
Ways of death comes in many shapes. But there are only a few shapes of death itself.[/i]

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

I have a dvd recorder now so I really should get around to transferring it.

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

Alright, here's the video. Check it out. Kind of boring to actually watch tho.

http://rapidshare.com/files/136168459/M ... o.mp4.html