Mia's Bromide

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Mia's Bromide

Post by Alunissage »

Okay, so popular wisdom is that Mia's Bromide raises Nash's defense by 1. The TSS guide says "Equip Nash with it and see what happens"; the SSSC guide mentions that all it did in TSS was raise Nash's DEF by one lousy point, and the RPG Shrine for TSS also says it raises Nash's DEF by one. (Although I think that shrine is largely copying the TSS guide and adding pictures.)

However, I see no difference at all in Nash's stats when it is or isn't equipped. Can anyone enlighten me? It's not usable as an item, either in or out of battle.

Semaj
Saith Pirate

Re: Mia's Bromide

Post by Semaj »

if i remember correctly, in SSSC the Bromide was supposed to increase Nash's luck by one and for your viewing pleasue... but that's about it
The person who asks the question is a fool for a moment, but the person who does not ask the question, is a fool forever.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

*blink* At first I thought I must've accidentally made a new thread instead of replying to the Lunar Merchandise Magnet thread. Then I saw that I did reply to it, and just happened to make a nearly identical post almost exactly a year ago, which for some reason is getting replied to now. Unfortunately, the reply is entirely irrelevant, as my question was about the TSS item. We know what the SSSC ones do.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:*blink* At first I thought I must've accidentally made a new thread instead of replying to the Lunar Merchandise Magnet thread. Then I saw that I did reply to it, and just happened to make a nearly identical post almost exactly a year ago, which for some reason is getting replied to now. Unfortunately, the reply is entirely irrelevant, as my question was about the TSS item. We know what the SSSC ones do.
If that isn't a coincidence! That's the same thing I thought. ...weird...

Anyway, I suppose with the image from Nobi's guide, the question is now settled. Mia's bromide does do absolutely nothing. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Semaj
Saith Pirate

Post by Semaj »

oops, sorry about that. didn't mean to give the worng answer. lol
The person who asks the question is a fool for a moment, but the person who does not ask the question, is a fool forever.