First draft of "Differences" sections

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alunissage »

Actually, I have no idea if Ghaleon was changed -- neither the Japanese nor English guides list stats for him, only question marks. I fear the only way to find out is empirically. I just noticed that the damage is calculated very basically, though, so it should be possible to figure approximate HP, ATK, and DEF (and possibly anti-magic) by inspection of damage done knowing what the party's stats are.

I just did the Inca God fight and it was ridiculously easy even with the adjusted HP of 2340. Granted, I had both Alex and Tempest at level 99, but for that reason I made sure they were killed off immediately so Kyle and Nash would get all the EXP and it was still really simple. Tempest and Nash both have distance weapons, which have set ATK, and between the two of them they'll do 500+ damage each turn without ever coming within range of the boss's four physical attacks -- and said boss only has one move. With 1800 HP it would only take three rounds even if all Alex and Kyle did was get bashed. If you've levelled Kyle up enough to get Sybillium, which does close to 600 damage, it's even quicker.

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

Looking at the video from my run, here's what I tell you (US version):

Ghaleon 1: 4330-4538
Ghaleon 2: 4760-5181

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I figured I'd study that, just haven't had time yet. I don't remember if you used De-Protect in that battle; it'll make it harder to figure out his defense stat if so. Do you remember what everyone had equipped (armor and weapons) for those battles?

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

Xenobia has 4185 exactly, I just tested it.

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

Edit:

Looks like Ghaleon 1 has 4375 HPs. Narrowed it down to something like 4352-4377.

Ghaleon 2: Should have exactly 5,000 (narrowed it down to 4,999 to 5,002).