did i miss somthing?

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

did i miss somthing?

Post by exigence »

i beat this game for the first time a few days ago now im just waiting to get a hold of EB but i was wondering if there were any major easter eggs or some side quest i may have skiped over in my rush to beat the game (under 10 hours - a new world record)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Actually, scaryice from these boards has the record time. (I can't remember what it was, but something like 2-3 hours maybe?) Anyways, nope, there really isn't anything side-quest wise in TSS. In fact, Lunar hasn't really been known for it. EBC had the most, by far, with some options dungeons and such. In fact, it had a pretty good amount of side stuff in the epilouge to do. SSSC didn't have much. EB had two extra dungeons that were optional, and as far as I can remember, TSS had nothing. Save maybe leveling all the way up to get some extra magic spells.
-G1

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

GhaleonOne wrote:Actually, scaryice from these boards has the record time. (I can't remember what it was, but something like 2-3 hours maybe?) Anyways, nope, there really isn't anything side-quest wise in TSS. In fact, Lunar hasn't really been known for it. EBC had the most, by far, with some options dungeons and such. In fact, it had a pretty good amount of side stuff in the epilouge to do. SSSC didn't have much. EB had two extra dungeons that were optional, and as far as I can remember, TSS had nothing. Save maybe leveling all the way up to get some extra magic spells.
Wow 2 or 3 hrs thats inhuman

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Not really... you can see how he did it:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/LunarSilverStar.html

Last I heard he's considering redoing it, having found a strategy for the Bronze Dogs in the Cave of Trial using just Flame rather than levelling up for Flamer.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

thats amazing i cant wait till i have a chance to watch that,

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

It wasn't that hard, honestly.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

i watched part of it, not really as exciting as it sounds i kinda gave up on it half way through.

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

There's really only two difficult battles: bronze dogs and vs the 6 vile guys with only Alex. You need a bit of luck when you flee so that you end up in the right position.