Stuck

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
DanteInferno
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Stuck

Post by DanteInferno »

Ok i've beat the game a couple times now. And i wanted to play it yet again. I was sent to Meryod...find a way to Damon's Spire...Bridge broke...back with every1. I go to tavern. One of the guys says he's not here right now, take a load of and wait. He never shows. I've tried to skip talkin to him and go straight to turtle (didnt work or course). Talked to every1 in reza and meryod and even lann and went back and still hasn't shown up. Is there anyway to get him to show up or move on?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Stuck

Post by Kizyr »

DanteInferno wrote:Ok i've beat the game a couple times now. And i wanted to play it yet again. I was sent to Meryod...find a way to Damon's Spire...Bridge broke...back with every1. I go to tavern. One of the guys says he's not here right now, take a load of and wait. He never shows. I've tried to skip talkin to him and go straight to turtle (didnt work or course). Talked to every1 in reza and meryod and even lann and went back and still hasn't shown up. Is there anyway to get him to show up or move on?

Your goal now should be getting to the Red Dragon Cave--you can worry about Damon's Spire later.

Go to the inventor in Iluk and talk with him. He'll say that he can finish the balloon if you get some vines from a desert on the eastern peninsula. Go east from there, fight a few monsters in the "desert" area there until you have some vines, then head back to the inventor. You'll be able to get to the Red Dragon Cave and the rest should be straightforward. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DanteInferno
Burg Farmer

Post by DanteInferno »

Uh, i'm past that. I wrecked the balloon. I got to find the guy tell me how to get to Damon's Spire.

Oh and I'm offended by my title. "Meryod Yokel" lol

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, have you spoken to everyone in the Reza bar yet? If Laike is there, he'll mention the Spirit of Rain Cloud and the collector in Iluk. Check back with the collector (southeastern-most house in Iluk) and he'll tell you that he doesn't remember where he left the Spirit of Rain Cloud.

Go back to the Reza Bazaar (in the Thieves' Guild). Check with one of the vendors, who will have the Spirit of Rain Cloud on him; buy that, and then you should be able to head back to Meryod and find the guy in the bar who'll tell you how to get to Damon's Spire. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DanteInferno
Burg Farmer

Post by DanteInferno »

Ok...you guys need to know i've done everything. I bought cloud before trip on ballon. Imagine doing the game right, but the guy that tells you how to get to spire isn't there. I've already talked to every1 in reza and no change, every1 in Iluk no change, every1 in Meryod and discovered 1 guy is studying the primative locals and no change. I'm pretty sure nothing will work and I'd have to start over. Is there some1 or something to talk to/do to either by-pass the guy or get him to show?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hm, I wonder if a flag could get set incorrectly if you bought the rain cloud before you were told to do so. TSS is unfortunately full of things like that, which really mess you up if you already know what you're going to be doing; I got stuck once where you are myself (but don't remember what the holdup was), and another time stuck at the very beginning for a ridiculous amount of time because I forgot to try to sell the dragon diamond in Burg (which triggers the woodcutter's axe to appear, or something like that). I just fetched my guide home from my parents' house last night, so I'll take a look when I get home.

By the way, most titles are based strictly on post count, and they do get better as you go. I think you're in line for Iluk Crackpot next. ;)

Oh, and please spell out "everyone" and "someone".

Edit: The guide doesn't say anything different -- I thought it might mention some step I'd forgotten. But no. It says: talk to the man in Iluk until he mentions the Rain Cloud, go to Thieves' Bazaar and purchase the Rain Cloud, return to Iluk and get sent to get the giant root, crash the balloon, go to Meryod and talk to everyone, then get washed down the river, gather everyone and then talk to the guy in the bar, the one you say isn't showing up. :|

DanteInferno
Burg Farmer

Post by DanteInferno »

I know about the title i was joking. I was told to get the rain cloud (I hadn't played for awhile) so i forgot about it and didn't get it until after I crashed. Yes I've seen the walktrough's too. Thanks anyway. I guess I'm just going to have to start over.

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

I've been stuck there before, and I can't remember what I had to do to get out of it. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Laike though.
Who says you cant have your cake and eat it too!?!

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

Um, this is just a stab. I know you've said you talked to everyone, but did you find the carpenter and ask him to fix the bridge? I don't think you can do anything else until you've done that.
Who says you cant have your cake and eat it too!?!

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

wildthehero wrote:Um, this is just a stab. I know you've said you talked to everyone, but did you find the carpenter and ask him to fix the bridge? I don't think you can do anything else until you've done that.

*working on said bridge* Hmmm? you say somethi...*whacks thumb with hammer* OW!!! *runs off a very strong and foul string of expletives* @#$^@#$%$@#^!!!!!

DanteInferno
Burg Farmer

Post by DanteInferno »

When I got stuck one of the first people I went to see was laike, but he still continues on about the lava around the red dragon cave. Carpenter a few times each time saying he forgot. About talking to everyone I might not have but in Meryod howeverm I've literly talked to everyone at least twice. From the bad singer, to the guy that grabed Jessica, to the anthropolgist, the girl fishing, the old man near her that says i'm lucky the river was calm or i'd of drowned, the women telling me about the damaged bridge, shop keepers (even though you can't really talk to them, the bar tender, the guy outside the bar, the guy who knows the girl ain't pretty cause he's related to most of them, the guy at bar who says the guy who has been to damon's spire aint here, his twin, and maybe one or two others.

I did all that from memory. I know what they say almost word for word I've talked to them so much.

Thanks for your ideas, keep them coming. I at my college now, and won't be home until around christmas.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Bought soap and bathed in the nearby spring? =)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Alunissage wrote:Bought soap and bathed in the nearby spring? =)

That's hot!

DanteInferno
Burg Farmer

Post by DanteInferno »

Ya, I only wish there wasn't a rule of men only :wink:

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

*blowing on sore thumb, still cursing in raw Japanese* Stupid onsen men-only rule....

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Zhane Masaki wrote:*blowing on sore thumb, still cursing in raw Japanese* Stupid onsen men-only rule....

Dude, have you ever been to any 'mixed' onsen? The only women who step in either wrap towels completely around themselves, or are above 50 (fortunately, most of the time, they do both).

Seriously, all onsen should be men- or women-only. It's much better that way. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Kizyr wrote:
Zhane Masaki wrote:*blowing on sore thumb, still cursing in raw Japanese* Stupid onsen men-only rule....

Dude, have you ever been to any 'mixed' onsen? The only women who step in either wrap towels completely around themselves, or are above 50 (fortunately, most of the time, they do both).

Seriously, all onsen should be men- or women-only. It's much better that way. KF

DUDE, tell that to poor Tenchi Masaki....in ep 4 of the ova, Ryoko took him outta the men's side of the onsen for a little co-ed bathing. >>

DanteInferno
Burg Farmer

Re: Stuck

Post by DanteInferno »

DanteInferno wrote:...sent to Meryod...find a way to Damon's Spire...Bridge broke...back with every1. I go to tavern. One of the guys says he's not here right now, take a load of and wait. He never shows. I've tried to skip talkin to him and go straight to turtle (didnt work or course).

Just to get into what this is about again. Come up with anything. Might sound stupid, but its better then me starting over.

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

Ok, lemme just look at the speed run I did and list exactly what actions I took.

1. Go to Reza, get dragon wings stolen. Get thieves' crest, enter bazaar. Buy rain cloud, get wings back, talk to guy in the middle of the room about spire/flying machine. Talk to Laike.

2. Go to Iluk, talk to guy about rain cloud, talk to inventor about root, get root. Board balloon and crash.

3. Go to Meryod, bridge collapses. Talk to carpenter, talk to guy in tavern about Damon's spire, gather party members.

4. Go to turtle, play harp.

Here's the video of that part if this doesn't help.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

scaryice wrote:Ok, lemme just look at the speed run I did and list exactly what actions I took.

1. Go to Reza, get dragon wings stolen. Get thieves' crest, enter bazaar. Buy rain cloud, get wings back, talk to guy in the middle of the room about spire/flying machine. Talk to Laike.

2. Go to Iluk, talk to guy about rain cloud, talk to inventor about root, get root. Board balloon and crash.

3. Go to Meryod, bridge collapses. Talk to carpenter, talk to guy in tavern about Damon's spire, gather party members.

4. Go to turtle, play harp.

Here's the video of that part if this doesn't help.

HEY! it's scary ice! What all Lunar related things have you done? All i seem to be able to remember is your name and the fact that you've impressed me.

wait...did you do the TSS speed-run?