exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by exigence »

does this bug also work in EB

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Doubt it; EB's AI system is different. But again I've never used it except by accident, which was fairly often with Leo/Mystere since I think everyone who joins is set to AI by default, or their Tactics are set to AI, or something like that. Think that was it - I was using Tactics and whenever someone joined the party their move for the Tactic I was using was set to AI and I had to change it to Attack or whatever manually. I definitely don't recall seeing anyone attack as well as cast a spell.

It occurs to me that this would probably be useful in a speedrun in later boss battles. It'd only take up unnecessary time in the Meribian Sewers and the Cave of Trial though since physical attacks do so little there.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Alunissage wrote:Doubt it; EB's AI system is different. But again I've never used it except by accident, which was fairly often with Leo/Mystere since I think everyone who joins is set to AI by default, or their Tactics are set to AI, or something like that. Think that was it - I was using Tactics and whenever someone joined the party their move for the Tactic I was using was set to AI and I had to change it to Attack or whatever manually. I definitely don't recall seeing anyone attack as well as cast a spell.

It occurs to me that this would probably be useful in a speedrun in later boss battles. It'd only take up unnecessary time in the Meribian Sewers and the Cave of Trial though since physical attacks do so little there.
that happens to me alot especially when it seems like battle after battle i kinda dose off and just tap the A button

serphnx
Saith Pirate

Post by serphnx »

I think the only way to really mess around in EB is with the Lemina bug, which is a pain, or nowadays, by using a hacked save game. EB is the superior game, but SS is more fun to play a lot of the time because of this gameplay mechanic, and because you can run away easier so levelling is more fun. I spend most of the game just using Alex, and maybe barely levelling everyone else so they have their final spells.

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

You know, I've been testing out the normal AI selection (the one you can pick in battle) and I've never actually seen the computer use a spell or item even with those options on.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Magic Attack Bug

Post by Alunissage »

No, nor have I. I mainly found the in-battle AI command useful while levelling up because then I didn't need to go through the extra button presses to select an enemy. But as far as I can tell, the item/magic aspect of the individual character's AI menu option solely refers to whether they'll continue to attack after using an item or spell, not whether or not they'll use an item or spell if you select the battle AI command. Confusing wording.

scaryice
Student of Vane

Re: Magic Attack Bug

Post by scaryice »

Alunissage wrote:But as far as I can tell, the item/magic aspect of the individual character's AI menu option solely refers to whether they'll continue to attack after using an item or spell, not whether or not they'll use an item or spell if you select the battle AI command. Confusing wording.
Not what it says it the manual, though. It clearly states the latter.

BTW the new look is much easier on the eyes, good job.