jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Sure, why not?

Post by Erroneous »

http://terror.snm-hgkz.ch/mirrors/www.t ... /n12j.html

Where was I when these babies came out?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Nowhere, because they were never made. There are maybe half a dozen prototypes, that's it. They were to be a preorder incentive with Lunar PC, but of course that never came out (here) either.

netequevaris
Saith Pirate

Post by netequevaris »

I'm still peeved about missing out on one of the ghaleon punching dolls.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

They appear all the time on eBay...not as often as they used to, but still pretty frequently. Always labeled "rare" as if they actually were. :o

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I have two Ghaleon punching puppets! :D

But, I don't have a Nall plushie. :cry:
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

netequevaris
Saith Pirate

Post by netequevaris »

I ought to check 'em out and stop waiting for the UY box music set. I wonder what a complete set of TSS cd art would yield. Not like I'm selling :)

thanks for the head up

edit: btw, I was dragonboy on the WDMB

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

UY box music set?

And you're not the only one with a complete set of disc art. I'm not curious enough to try that experiment though...I suspect it wouldn't go for much now simply because the main fans have moved on. Maybe after Genesis comes out and (hopefully) draws some attention back onto the series.

Yeah, I heard that's who you are. ;)

Dingle
Pao Hunter

Post by Dingle »

MiaOne wrote:I have two Ghaleon punching puppets! :D

But, I don't have a Nall plushie. :cry:

Same here! :D
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alunissage, if I ever win the lottery, would you be willing to sell your collection of Lunar items for a few mil =P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

netequevaris
Saith Pirate

Post by netequevaris »

Alunissage wrote:UY box music set?

And you're not the only one with a complete set of disc art. I'm not curious enough to try that experiment though...I suspect it wouldn't go for much now simply because the main fans have moved on. Maybe after Genesis comes out and (hopefully) draws some attention back onto the series.

Yeah, I heard that's who you are. ;)

Urusei Yatsura - it's this music set of about 15 cds, out of print for a while, and always sells for a few hundred on ebay when it happens to appear.

Oh, I imagine that there are a few people with the complete sets (I think that I have a total of about 10 discs, spare copies of my favorites). I liked the original disc art on the scd games much more than the art for SSS or L2EB.

Haha, nice - I'm being discussed! Have you heard about my "discovery" on EB (scd)?

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

It always did seem like a shame that there was never as much cel art for EB (original or remix) as there was for TSS and SSS, and the CD art variation was such a cool idea. I wonder if there was a science to getting the rare ones...I ordered TSS direct from Working Designs after I first played MCD Eternal Blue back in 1996 or so, and later realized that they'd given me what was apparently the rarest disc, the one with the whole cast on it. Same luck happened for SSS, in fact, which I also got direct!
aka Maou

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, if you got TSS so late, they probably only had the last printing in stock. Which are you thinking of for SSSC? It's seemed to me that the Luna/Althena set is the rarest, or at least the one I see turn up least often, and it was the second printing.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Hmm, I had the impression from a report (maybe WD released the info at some point later) that the set featuring the Four Heroes and then the cover art of Alex/Luna/Magic Emperor was the least common, but we could always go archive-diving at Working Designs' page to find out, I suppose!
aka Maou

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

What, the Dragonmaster Dyne/Dragonmaster Alex set? That was the first release, and probably the most common for that reason. That's the only one I can think of that would be described that way. It's set 1 on this page: http://www.workingdesigns.com/museum/pl ... index.html

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Yep, that's the ticket! The page doesn't really rank them in order of rareness, so it could just be my imagination about Set One being less common, though it's arguably the best-looking set, along with Set 3, at any rate.
aka Maou

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, the page lists them in order released. I exchanged many emails with Innova getting it straightened out. ;) I'm virtually certain WD never said anything about the comparative rarity of those discs, at least not since I've been paying attention. My own first set, before I knew about any of this, was set 3, and I got that around September 99. My bf (before I met him; we met on the WDMB after each buying this game) got his in around July 99 and got set 2, which is definitely the first -- you'll note that it's in the promo shots of the full packaging, even though there were only solid-colored placeholder labels for the soundtrack and documentary. My own comments on rarity are strictly observation of what I've seen sold on eBay and what's been found in stores; I got my Set 4 because someone on the WDMB bought the last two a store had in the hopes of getting unique sets but they were both #4 so he sold me one at cost. (Later, I returned the favor by selling him my extra EBC set 2.) I think I like one and three myself, though; I don't get much out of anime scene stills and prefer artwork. I think one reason TSS's are more interesting in general is because there's so much artwork of that game, perhaps to make up for there not being so much animation in the game itself. It was too easy for the remakes to just lean on the animation created for the game, I guess.

While the rarity of the SSSC sets isn't so obvious, it's a bit more so in the case of EBC -- there definitely seem to be fewer of set 2 of that one. They were planning a third printing, but never made it. And now that WD's sold out of Arc Collection perhaps I can mention that there were two sets of that as well, which almost no one seems to know about because the second was made in such small quantity...

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Wow, that is some excellent research, well-done! Despite MCD Lunar~EB being my very favorite video game, I had no idea that the EB remix even had multiple discs! I'm actually surprised Working Designs used animation stills for some of the SSS CD's simply because, like with TSS, there was a dumbfounding number of cels, close to ten by my count by the time the US version of SSS came out. They had the right idea getting the rarer Set 3-Disc 2 cel with Nasch, Mia, and Ghaleon, which makes it a shame they didn't get the other cels used on the novels (except for the one they used for the tray inlay, to great effect).
aka Maou

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Heh, rereading my post I realized I ran on two sentences and didn't make any sense -- I meant to say that my bf got set 2 a month or two after the game was released, and set 1 was definitely the first. And when I say I exchanged emails with Innova, I mean that I was correcting him, not the other way around.

I'm wondering if the novel artwork was even available, since I haven't seen it anywhere but the novels themselves even in the Japanese stuff. I think. I'll need to go through them when I get home and see, but that one pic you mentioned is pretty much the only one I remember seeing anywhere else.

I don't really get why WD opted for stills for EBC, though. Both sets are only stills, complete with that scary one of Ruby about to scratch Hiro. They did use the nice one of Leo from the credits for the second set, though, rather than him as White Knight. Odd that Jean wasn't represented, come to think of it. Maybe she would've been in the third.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I wanted set 3, but I got set 1. Still set 1 is nice.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

It's true, the novel artwork is fantastically rare...I can't remember if it was actually produced after the SSS Newtype collection or not, but it's certainly not in there, but WD's use of at least the scary one with Luna and Ghaleon was a welcome choice. I'd love the one of Dyne and Althena from book four, but I've never seen any of the book arts on the internet...maybe in some of the Japanese strategy guides, perhaps.
aka Maou