Sure, why not?

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alunissage »

I'll check for it when I get a chance, but I don't recall seeing any unusual artwork in the guides.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

To tell you the truth, I picked up the Original twice and wound up with Set 1.

But when I bought TSS 2 years ago (brand new), I grabbed the second CD. I was certainly glad that I didn't get Disc 1.

Does anyone have all 7? Or at least the last disc in the collection?

Genocide
Pao Hunter

Post by Genocide »

I got set 2. Didn't knew they disc art varied like that. Pretty cool.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I have all seven. Actually, to my knowledge I have one of every edition of every Lunar release except the Japanese SSS for PC (I have the Korean one of that, though). Here's the obligatory photo proof: http://www.pwrsrc.net/~charlie/disc_art_small.jpg
Not shown: Korean Lunar PC (pic was taken before I got it; I'll have to put together another one), Japanese & US Lunar Legend, Lunar Walking School.

Genocide
Pao Hunter

Post by Genocide »

Holy -Dragon Diamond-, nice.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Very nice, but surprising too. Too bad I still can't find the Music CDs or All The LUNAR yet. Do you have them by chance?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I've got all of them but Songs 2 and I think a premuim CD or something. I'm supposed to get All the Lunar sometime over the summer. Alunissage has all the music CDs I believe, and I know she has All the Lunar.
-G1

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Wow! You two are very serious LUNAR fans, aren't you?

Any idea where I can find them, even though I asked this already.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yahoo Japan Auctions is about the only place, though some of the music CDs pop up on Ebay from time to time. Just make sure you don't get screwed over and end up with the pirated versions.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

You do want to be very careful. I've thrown away orders I got on eBay before when it turned out to be pirated. If I want a pirated game I would've just downloaded it, not just---

Ok that's off topic. But yeah, that was only once and I don't get fooled again. Luckily it was an inexpensive deal.

The music CDs are insanely rare, they only show up on auctions occasionally like G1 said. I never even found them even in the largest new and used music stores, specialty stores, nothing. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Thanks for the warning. However, how will I be able to tell the difference?
And, do I have to sign up for Yahoo! Japan Auctions?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

No, you pretty much need to know someone in Japan who can order for you. It's not exactly easy, unfortunately.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The biggest tipoff about bootleg CDs is their price. If there are a bunch that are $7.99 with a BIN of $12, then they're almost certainly fake. (Don't expect to pay less than $25.) Anything by SonMay or Ever Anime is a bootleg, and so if you see those logos you should avoid them. The product numbers are different too. I don't have time to do all the research for you, but there's a page about bootlegs which I think discusses some of this stuff.

Oh, one more thing. Any CDs which are factory sealed are very, very, very unlikely to be real, since the Lunars are long out of print. And the four Lunatic Festas and two Magical Island CDs are in little books, not jewelcases -- but I've never seen bootleg Festas, so that may not matter. The bootleg EB OST actually has two more tracks than the legit, taken from other Lunar CDs. And the Eternal Blue Prelude bootlet actually has different disc art from the legit.

The Lunar soundtracks I've seen bootlegs of are: Magical Island I and II, Lunar Songs 1 and 2, Eternal Blue Prelude, and Eternal Blue OST. The bootleg Prelude is probably as rare as the real thing, though.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:No, you pretty much need to know someone in Japan who can order for you. It's not exactly easy, unfortunately.

What if the seller will ship internationally? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

From what I've seen, there hasn't been any willing to.
-G1

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Yeah, in Japan sellers often won't ship internationally (this may be true in the States, too, but I've never ordered stuff from American auctions while elsewhere). There is an interesting thing you could do if you were truly desperate to get some Yahoo Japan auctions you see. Mail Order Japan (.com), a small-scale group that will import games from Japan (almost on a per-order basis, as opposed to many American import shops, meaning that if they find it through an Akihabara supplier, they'll send it to you), also has this service where they will work the auctions for you. There's some fees I expect, but if you were really, really keyed up about a certain Yahoo auction, I like them and I'm sure you could snag them that way.
aka Maou

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I've bought 2-3 things off eBay from Japanese sellers. Those were all listed on regular ebay.com, however. I've picked up stuff from Canadian sellers, and most vendors' listings I see have international rates at least for Canada and Europe, if not East Asia as well.

Hm, if another auction ever points up with something rare, feel free to still post it here nonetheless. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Phew! A lot of information! Thanks, though. I'll keep looking then.