October sales figures...

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, EB hasn't been remade in years! Way overdue. :P

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

The thing is . . . well, I don't want the Dragon Song chapter to be left behind so carelessly. It's just that it could have been so good. I can tell that it was originally going to be wonderful but that it soured somewhere in the development process. Imagine the game with a more traditionally Lunar-esque battle system, a more developed plot, an epilogue that resolves those ridiculous loose ends and ties in something like the rise of Vane, FMVs, voice acting, fully orchestrated music, and a larger world with more towns/dungeons/etc. Personally, I'd love to see the game reborn in its proper form, just as Walking School was polished when it became Magic School.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:I can tell that it was originally going to be wonderful but that it soured somewhere in the development process. Imagine the game with a more traditionally Lunar-esque battle system, a more developed plot, an epilogue that resolves those ridiculous loose ends and ties in something like the rise of Vane, FMVs, voice acting, fully orchestrated music, and a larger world with more towns/dungeons/etc.

That's why you might've heard me and G1 praising the storyline before the game came out. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

snaztacular
Lostest Boy

Post by snaztacular »

So WD is still in business? I haven't seen or heard anything from them in soo long. In my mind, I see Vic sitting on his chair in a shell of an office, laptop on his stomach, floor covered in rotten old TV dinners, leeching off a neighbor's Wifi to post a cynical remark on the WD forums from time to time...but I have a vivid imagination.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hehe, that's funny. I usually imagine WD's office to be closed 6 days out of the week, and only open on one day to check the mail. *shrugs* That's just how I see it.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

With anything WD related there are obvious pros and cons. In the case of Dragon Song, chances are we wouldn't even have been playing the game at this point. It would fall under their notorious delays, and that is hallmark WD. Altering the play mechanics would take them a good amount of time, because they spend months on merely minor glitches with text screening. JAM's stupidity with trivial annoyances was just a BAD development idea. I don't know what the hell they were thinking, but they need some obvious tweaking with quality control.

The whole issue with item theft, equipment breaking, non-targetable enemies and health loss while running is something that should have been thrown out at it's initial conception. If Working Designs would have taken on the project they would have had a lot of reprogramming to do. Ubisoft should have managed this better with some extra care, and the text localization should have been handled with more attention. The unfortunate outcome is our being stuck with an inferior game, and we can only hope that there is a true sequel with all of the bells and whistles, as well as stellar design all around.