beastmen

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Hiro-67
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

beastmen

Post by Hiro-67 »

okay so there has been beastmen in all the lunar games that ive played anyway, and just wondered how they came about getting their horns? for example: lunar dragon song takes place 1000 years before lunar 1 right? they dont have horns in dragon song, also in lunar 2, 2000 years after lunar 1 they all have horns pretty much, so i was wondering if this was becuase of evolution in the species or what. but if it was, it wouldnt really make sense becuase usually species lose their primitive physical trates as time goes on... but not in this case. also there would be no need for them to evovle as time went on becuase overall, between lunar dragon song all the way to lunar 2( a 4000 year difference) the people of lunar havent really changed their way of living technology wise. i mean they're still living in little vilages and boats and walking as the only means of transportation, ect. i could go on but i think you guys get the point. just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any ideas or mabye intersting theories that could be fun to discuss.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: beastmen

Post by DevNall »

It's just a 2000 thousand year difference, actually, but either would be way too quick for that sort of evolution.

Shigema said there were different types of beastmen; maybe we just didn't see any of the horned ones in Dragon Song.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Then again, for most of Lunar's existence, 'evolution' doesn't apply.

Althena did her own intelligent design. Hell, she did Creationism.

(Please, no RL Debates...just pointing out evolution is unlikely to apply to Lunar.)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

I wonder if Althena has ever been reborn as a beast-woman?

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

...Hmmm.

If she hasn't, that'd make DragonSong's position of Beastmen rule, humans drool a little untenable. If the Goddess ALWAYS came down as a human, humans would start getting an ego.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, assuming people even knew Althena was in her reborn state.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I thought that it would have been much more interesting if she were to become a beastwoman, instead of this stupid human supremacist junk. No particular reason to think she didn't... [spoiler]unless this was her first incarnation ever. I haven't played enough in English to know if it's stated whether the incarnating thing is habitual at that time.[/spoiler]
I'm pretty sure there's no implication that Althena created people, just the living environment of Lunar.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

[spoiler]I'm pretty sure in the ending Titus says it wasn't the first time. I can transcribe that too if you're curious.[/spoiler]

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

That'd be awesome if you did, as I won't be there for many hours. I was looking for that text less than an hour ago, in fact, while writing an email to a friend about it. Thanks!

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I don't think there's any evolution between beast-people. There's just different characteristics they can have. Jess, Mel, Gwyn, they didn't have horns. Only Leo and Mauri. But in SSSC, there's townspeople with horns, so you know they already had them. They just vary. Rufus doesn't have a face-stripe, but Gabryel does - doesn't make them a different specie. They just vary in ways that humans don't.