Extra Attacks

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Extra Attacks

Post by Angelalex242 »

...Is there any way to get non Jians to attack multiple times in a row?

Really, Jian's great, and all, but it'd be nice if all 3 people in the party could dish out decent damage.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Not as far as I've seen, no.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

The only thing I've seen is that you can equip the characters with those countertype things, which SOMETIMES gives extra attacks to one of the other characters when monsters attack them, but it's random. It's nice when you have Jian equiped with it though because he kills a monster every turn pretty much and if they attack him when the countertype thing is doing it's job then he gets rid of a few more monsters. Then again, it's total luck too though.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, it's only Jian. After a while I put the best or second best countertype on Gab, which occasionally helped, but for the weaker characters, i.e., everyone but Jian, the main thing the counter does is keep them from being hit for one round. I did find that Gab's criticals often did as much or more damage than all of Jian's hits together. I guess the imbalance is intended to show how Jian as a human is more flexible than the beastmen, but you'd think the beastmen would be, well, stronger.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Alunissage wrote:Yeah, it's only Jian. After a while I put the best or second best countertype on Gab, which occasionally helped, but for the weaker characters, i.e., everyone but Jian, the main thing the counter does is keep them from being hit for one round. I did find that Gab's criticals often did as much or more damage than all of Jian's hits together. I guess the imbalance is intended to show how Jian as a human is more flexible than the beastmen, but you'd think the beastmen would be, well, stronger.

Yea, I was really excited when I got Gab because they hyped up the beastmen so much :P I'm like: "Really? Than the women must kick butt!" haha jk but then again Gab is like 6 levels underneath Jian in mine and she's already starting to have hits that do more damage than ONE of Jian's hits. I'm guessing that sometime Gab has to level to the point where she gets more than one attack and then she'll be awesome.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

If it can be done by leveling, I'll let you guys know...

But thus far, she's level 36 and still stuck with one attack.

Sadly, she does less damage in one hit then any single hit of Jian's 3.

If she gets extra attacks at extreme levels, I'll make a note which level she gains an extra attack.

But...I don't think the programmers were quite that intelligent.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Angelalex242 wrote:If it can be done by leveling, I'll let you guys know...

But thus far, she's level 36 and still stuck with one attack.

Sadly, she does less damage in one hit then any single hit of Jian's 3.

If she gets extra attacks at extreme levels, I'll make a note which level she gains an extra attack.

But...I don't think the programmers were quite that intelligent.

Huh. I remember all the other characters in the Lunar games getting multiple attacks. If they didn't do that in DS, well then that sucks.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

On that note...what level are people beating the game with? I may eventually get bored and do a level 99 run, but that, of course, would take significant time and effort.

Then again, we might write the general crappiness of DS characters off to a lack of the Power of Humanity. Which...well, if it gets mentioned in this game, I haven't seen it. (Except when yelling at Beastmen, which really doesn't count.)
Last edited by Angelalex242 on Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Flora's Composite Bow attacks once, twice, or three times. It depends. She can also fire on multiple enemies, unlike Jian.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I was at levels 67-69 at the end. Probably just a bit overlevelled. And Jian had the only multiple attack still.

It really wouldn't take that much to do a level 99 run unless the curve changes drastically. The levelling isn't that slow, even though the next EXP numbers look big.

I don't remember that bow, but at the end I was mainly using her for healing and cards.

knuckles90
Lostest Boy

Post by knuckles90 »

My Jian, only level 19, yeah i just got the game, is really doing alot. And Gab is closing up the gap really quickly. So shes probably going to get to the point where she wont need to hit more than once to get the job done. But, then again he can only attack once...so i dont know. Maybe he will just be way more powerful once i get my curse lifted...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, he'll go back to his previous status of being able to hit an enemy three times instead of once, so he'll be, well, three times as powerful (except when missing attacks, of course).

knuckles90
Lostest Boy

Post by knuckles90 »

Yeah i got back his attacks earlier and hes like killing almost everythin in like one turn so yeah...hes really good...