Efficient Equipment

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Efficient Equipment

Post by Angelalex242 »

Some Blue Chests apparently have gear...one dungeon after they can be bought.

So. This thread is for a list of all swords, armor, umbrellas, what have you that you find shortly after they become buyable.

(The point:If you know you're going to get that sword free in the next forest, it makes more sense to blow all your money on armor.)

This thread should have no spoilers, as it's all about gear. A little foresight can save you a hefty chunk of change, after all.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Efficient Equipment

Post by DevNall »

Dark Boots in the second room of Sundra Desert.
(How am I supposed to get money to buy stuff in the Frontier?)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You can sell things (including sundries) in that town for an unusually high rate, I recall Kiz saying; I didn't try it myself. There's one chest in the desert that has silver, and I also opted to sell an amulet or two since I found myself using the same ones most of the time. Though actually what I also did was reload a save from before then and did some jobs and bought some stuff that was good to have and not available in that town.

I'll add some stuff to this when I get to my notes at home, but I don't know the translated names for the towns and didn't always identify things beyond "Jian's boots" or "Flora's hairpin" if there was only one of that sort available for sale. I recall at least 3-4 items like this on the eastern continent, though.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Also...is there a Blue Chest in EVERY area?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

No.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Lucia's Holy Umbrella, Goddess Robe, Holy Bracelet, and Rainbow Tiara are all on the Sungrid Bridge. I'd recommend buying the Holy Umbrella before that though since it halves MP costs. It's worth it.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Efficient Equipment

Post by Kizyr »

DevNall wrote:(How am I supposed to get money to buy stuff in the Frontier?)

There's a shop in Lind that will buy your goods back at 75% original value, instead of 50% (or maybe it was 66%... I forget). It's worth selling off some extra goods there. I also explored the dungeon ahead, got all the blue chests, then went back to Lind to restore my health and sell off any excess. Then I just turned 'round and ran through Geistol Mine without hitting any enemies (this is why the constant-running ability is good). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Checking my notes, the wrist thingy I bought for Gab in the Vile Tribe town was in the next dungeon. (Incidentally, I bought a bow and headgear for Flora in the bay town, and I think also bought a sword ahead of time for Rufus.)

The first village on the eastern continent has a bow (Crystal Bow) for sale which is found in the next cave.

The second village (Rebrick? no clue) has Crystal Shoes for Jian which is found in the forest south of there and a hairpin for Flora which is in the next cave. Also armor for Jian which is found about three dungeons/areas later but you might want to get it earliest anyway, since it restores a little HP (about 4%) per round and there's a boss battle between first arriving at that town and getting to the chest with the armor. Actually, I think that structure is available from the time you get to the town or shortly thereafter, but was very tough at my levels at the time.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Can someone list all the goods for sale in the east, with costs? I somehow fear I'll be making deliveries for the next 10 years...

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Honestly, by that point, the only thing I was buying were healing items; the end of the game seemed ridiculously easy.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

It's because the Frontier is ridiculously difficult that the latter parts seem so simple.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

knuckles90
Lostest Boy

Post by knuckles90 »

man i spent all that money on lucia's holy robe (i think thats what its called) and i jsut got it on the bridge...im so mad...i bought all that stuff...and now i can sell it...