$40 price tag - blame retailers.

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

$40 price tag - blame retailers.

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/lunar/fa ... 34467.html

That's the press release from yesterday for the release of the game. The MSRP is $29.99. The retailers are at fault for jacking the price up.

Side note: the official site is linked in the press release.
-G1

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

Unfortunately I fear that this is something that will alienate non long-time fans of the series. Then again, the fact that the DS is starved for RPGs might cause people to purchase it no matter what. I just hope that despite the reviews out there and the now inflated price tag, that the game will sell well enough to garner a four heroes sequel and perhaps even another console lunar title.

JordAnime
Meryod Yokel

Post by JordAnime »

I got it for $30 at my local Blockbuster.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Luckily it was priced at $29.99 when I bought the two at GameStop. They bought out EB, so the price should hopefully be the same considering they're now affiliated.

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

well i paid $40 for my pre-order but I live in Canada so our prices are generally 5 to 20 more then the states. If you think the Lunar DS pricetag is bad, Castlevania is going to be $50 here.

JordAnime
Meryod Yokel

Post by JordAnime »

I put a $20 deposit and I was shocked to find I only owed $10, which is good cause I pre-ordered Castlevania the same day.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

segaboy7 wrote:well i paid $40 for my pre-order but I live in Canada so our prices are generally 5 to 20 more then the states. If you think the Lunar DS pricetag is bad, Castlevania is going to be $50 here.

You really should specify. Canadian or US dollars? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

I put 10.00 down and still owed over 30.00 at gamestop, they clearly marked it up, very uncool

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

oh, all my prices were in canadian prices, but we get raped here, because even though the canadian dollar is only about 15 cents off of the American dollar, retailers still charge the same prices when our dollar was worth about 50 cents US.