Planet GameCube review. (not good)

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Planet GameCube review. (not good)

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://www.planetgamecube.com/reviews.c ... ile&id=670

Worst review score-wise yet. I honestly understand the complaints about the battle system and running around, but this just seemed like mindless -Borgan-. The 1up review was much better.
-G1

Zen
Burg Farmer

Post by Zen »

Meh, I guess it's Castlevania for me after all.

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

I don't understand these reviewers, The game is enjoyable. I have only played it for nearly an hour but I didnt want to put it down. I only did so that I could go to sleep so as to not be a total wreck for work today.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Well, atleast you've gotten your copy. :)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I can't say anything about the characterization, but the comments about the battle system are valid. More strategy goes into selecting which of the many rings to equip than what to do in battle.

What surprises me is that no one's mentioning that much of the music directly quotes the first few measures of pieces from the other games, which contributes quite a bit to them sounding Lunarish.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

5.5!? Damn, I'm cancelling my pre-order now. Screw it, Lunar is dead.

Kidding. Of course I'm getting it still. I just hope to god it's not THAT huge of a letdown...

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

You almost got me for a second there. :)

Anyway, I think it's a case where expectations increase as time goes on. If Dragon Song had been released not too long after Eternal Blue, it might have been perceived a lot more positively.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

The reviewer said he took about 50 hours to get through the game. I thought people were saying this was a 30 hour game? Maybe he just played through it at an ungodly slow pace, and that's why the game seemed so tedious to him?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm around 56 hours in the import, and am not quite done. Of course, some of that time was due to language, but actually I ended up doing a lot less talking to NPCs than I usually do because it obviously wasn't meaningful to me, so it may even out. The battles DO slow you down if you compulsively clear every area of enemies; this can mean 20-30 battles in a given dungeon-type area which all take several minutes. I've also reloaded quite a few times, so my actual time commitment to the game has been much higher.