Spoiler warning for Lunar DS on GameFAQs

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Ardekh »

It's not like it doesn't deserve it. VII needs to be brought down from it's pedestal and replaced with VI.

Never posted at GameFAQs. I prefer smaller forums anyway.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It's not like it doesn't deserve it. VII needs to be brought down from it's pedestal and replaced with VI.

I think I love you. :P
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Personally, I prefer 9.

Down with Angst! Up with happy heroes! With tails!
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I do enjoy 9 even if its final boss sort of comes out of nowhere(I guess that's not a spoiler). I loved the music. And seriously, who didn't love Vivi?

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I think I love you. :P

Aww, thanks! I think have to bring the Invisionboard loveblob over for this one. Image

The victory music in FFIX was a messed up version of VI's if I remember right, so that was cool. I guess they were trying to get back to their roots with that one. Too bad it didn't last!

You can avoid VI angst if you don't poison Cid to death. :D

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, there's a lot more angst in 6 then just Celes. Almost everybody in that game has SOME.

And none of them get over it in the 5 mintues it takes Zidane to get over his.

Seriously. 5 minutes. Zidane's happy again and content.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I didn't say you could avoid ALL VI angst from that.

Anyway, I renamed everyone in my FFIX game "Chrissy" so at one point, Zidane (Chrissy) went...

Chrissy:
I wouldn't want that kind of power... if I only had a place to call home...
My brothers in Tantalus, Chrissy, Chrissy, Chrissy, Chrissy, Chrissy, Chrissy, and... Chrissy...
My home is with them in Gaia!

And I nearly died. XD But then I couldn't get my disc four to work (I had THREE disc threes, and none of them worked the entire disc through) so I still haven't beaten it. And my memory card (along with 70 hours of Xenogears, played in one obsessive week!) got deleted.

My name isn't Chrissy.

But yeah, VI had a lot of messed up, ruined, torn apart love stories. The only one that didn't end in death or the lonely life of a bachelor was one of my least favorites.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

G1 thanks for the warning. I would have seriously been pissed had I stumbled apon that. When you wait so long for a game the last thing you want to happen is to be spoiled. Espescially when the game hasn't even been released in the US yet.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

There's a reason I tend to avoid less censored places when a game I want to play comes out. And for some reason posting on a GameFAQs board always feels like slumming. :P They do have their uses though. The turnaround time for a quick question on a well-used board is generally within a few hours. I wouldn't use them for serious discussion, but for random questions like: "I'm trying to give a gift to someone in Harvest Moon and he/she won't take it" it's easier to go to make one stop at GameFAQs than to hunt down a well-traveled fan site forum, register there, pose the question, and then not getting an answer because the forum traffic is too small.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Lucca
Student of Vane

Post by Lucca »

Yeah, I saw the spoiler too. In this case, It actually intrigued me because I know so little about the game. I want to see how the game goes from point A to B based on what I saw.

To be honest, I'm amazed you weren't spoiled rotten SOONER. GameFAQs is absoultely notorious for this. For example, it only took me a day to be spoiled rotten on Grandia III. A DAY.

If you want to not know the story of a game, DON'T go to GameFAQs. I should heed my own advice, but ... ;)

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

drumlord wrote:There are certain spoilers that become generally acceptable to mention over time. FFVII I would include. Other notables are the Sixth Sense and Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back. But some that are borderline I could see as making people upset, like the Usual Suspects or Fight Club. But most things still fall under do not spoil for me rules because the thing(s) to be spoiled aren't mainstream.

Case in point on some spoilers being mainstream enough to mention. A recent study about emotional impact of video games used the FFVII spoiler as part of a question. And because of that, the PR company used it in its press release, which means many many places doing the story will also include it. Here's the pertinant part of the release:

[spoiler]Respondents overwhelmingly cited the Final Fantasy series of role-playing games
from Square Enix as the most emotionally rich games, and the death of Aeris in Final
Fantasy VII was the scene many people said made them cry. [/spoiler]
-Rich-

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Emotionally rich though? That's a load. FF is known for complex stories, yes, but there are so many more RPGs that have a lot more emotion. Seriously...

[spoiler]WHo the hell cried during the Aeris scene? Give me a break. Tifa was a lot more developed. ... as a character I mean. :P[/spoiler]
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

A lot more developed, he says. As a character, he says.

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE. :wink:

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

GhaleonOne wrote:[spoiler]WHo the hell cried during the Aeris scene? Give me a break. Tifa was a lot more developed. ... as a character I mean. :P[/spoiler]

*death* :mrgreen: :roll:

I know I sure didn't. Yeesh. Sephiroth does that and becomes a badass for life. Kefka killed--! Well, you know who he killed. That was much worse.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Just a simple request here. Can we specify, out of spoiler text, what game's spoilers you're talking about? I've played through Final Fantasy VII, but I don't want Lunar: Dragon Song Spoiled for me, so I want to know which of these spoiler texts I can and can't read.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Sorry bro, should have mentioned that. It's just the very obvious FFVII spoiler. No DS stuff in that one.
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Kefka's got everyone beat.

Everyone wants to destroy the world...

But Kefka? Well. Ya know. About halfway through that game...

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Ardekh wrote: Kefka killed--! Well, you know who he killed. That was much worse.

Just wanted to mention that saying that Kefka killed someone and not specifying who leaves us with a LOT of choices. :D

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I must admit, one scene in Final Fantasy VI got me a little misty-eyed...

[spoiler] When Celes jumps off the cliff. That was a powerful moment for me.

Also, I want to add that as crazed madmen go, Kefka was top-notch. His "building a shrine to nothingness" ravings at the end of the game are pretty damn chilling. [/spoiler]

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Funny thing about the Empire Strike Back spoiler...

For the next generation of people, The Empire Strikes Back won't have a spoiler.

Having watched episodes 1, 2, and 3 first, Episode 5 is no spoiler.

Such is among the many changes those who watch Star Wars for the first time will experience. They'll see the movies in the right order...and have an entirely different experience as a result.