Lunar DS to cost $39.99

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by phyco126 »

Well, just remember I'm just a typical ignorant American ;)

Though, does Japan have cents? I know it wouldn't be called cents, but like, you would pay 5000.42 yen for something?

You know, I bet for an american living there, it sure would be more difficult to buy something. "Aww man, 5000 for this thing?" You know, typical thinking if your used to lower numbers :P And of course, I suppose that they don't have 1 yen bills :P (would be a bit difficult to carry around :P) And of course, I bet getting gas is funny. "Wow... 10000 yen..."

And I'm with Alunissage on her comment. I've never heard of "Gold pressed Latinum" (though is sound expensive if they used gold)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yen practically would be cents. Someone said above Lunar DS is 5000 yen. Which is roughly 47 bucks. Put a decimal two digits over and you're pretty close to 50 bucks. Exchange rates make it fluctuate, but then just have a larger digit count for the yen compared to the dollar. Think of it as saying "300 cents for a gallon of gasoline" if it was 3 dollars a gallon. When you think of it in cents, the number 300 looses it's effect. You'd get used to it pretty quickly.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:Though, does Japan have cents? I know it wouldn't be called cents, but like, you would pay 5000.42 yen for something?

Coins are for 1, 5, 10, 50, 100, and 500 yen denominations. Bills are only 1000, 5000, and 10000. It actually gets annoying having 500 yen coins (a pocketful of change can buy an entire dinner, e.g.), but that's my preference. There used to be a smaller denomination, pre-war era (called mon), but since the exchange rate settled around the 1960s there was no use for it. I don't remember exactly when it was eliminated.

phyco126 wrote:And I'm with Alunissage on her comment. I've never heard of "Gold pressed Latinum" (though is sound expensive if they used gold)

Ah, yes. It's as Rule of Acquisition 075 says: Home is where the heart is, but the stars are made of latinum. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

*snaps fingers* Oh. My. God. I can't believe that I forgot that. Gold Pressed Latinum, I remember now! DS9, my favorite of the ST series. Hehe. Gold was worthless to them, it was Latinum that the Ferangi (SP?) loved :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."