Review of Lunar: Genesis on Frontpage

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Review of Lunar: Genesis on Frontpage

Post by Kizyr »

Just what the title suggests. My review / first impressions of the game is now up on the frontpage of LunarNET. Take a look if you'd like. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

A minor quibble: "review" implies that you've finished and/or are evaluating the whole game rather than giving early impressions. I'm just referring to the title of this thread, not the news story itself.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Then there's no problem.

And that also eliminates any of the 'reviews' on GameFAQs. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I gathered they were eliminated anyway on the basis of noncomprehension. :P I wouldn't consider myself able to review it either, although I do have a grasp of the storyline. And I have a hard time thinking of anything as a review that doesn't involve playing the whole game, except where it's so bad in the first few hours that there's no incentive at all to play further.

I haven't looked at gfaqs at all. My stubborn streak is coming out and I want to figure things out myself; I also don't want to spend my time arguing instead of playing, at least not until I finish it. Though one thing I have learned, which I will share for free, is that it's probably a good idea to save as soon as you've cleared a new area in virtue mode and go back and return to fight in normal mode, before going any further. I missed out on some monsters that aren't there any more. :|

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:I haven't looked at gfaqs at all. My stubborn streak is coming out and I want to figure things out myself; I also don't want to spend my time arguing instead of playing, at least not until I finish it. Though one thing I have learned, which I will share for free, is that it's probably a good idea to save as soon as you've cleared a new area in virtue mode and go back and return to fight in normal mode, before going any further. I missed out on some monsters that aren't there any more. :|

What do you mean? You can always return to a dungeon and the monsters are back to normal. That's what I've been doing; just when backtracking will I use Normal Mode, and I got tons of stuff now. Managed to finish one lucrative job while I was at it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

cool review! for only playing it 5 hours, you can make quite a review of it.
I'm waiting for dragon song 'cause I don't have enough money to buy 2 versions :D and I really want to follow the storyline.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Kizyr wrote:What do you mean? You can always return to a dungeon and the monsters are back to normal. That's what I've been doing; just when backtracking will I use Normal Mode, and I got tons of stuff now. Managed to finish one lucrative job while I was at it. KF

You're not as far along as I am. I'm referring to an event occurring while progressing, after which those monsters will no longer be available (at least at that point in the game), and so you might want to back out before triggering it and fight them in normal mode to get their items. I never did this, so I don't know if they drop anything useful or not. I can PM you the exact location if you want.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

...they don't drop anything immediately useful, except for the cards (which you can only hold one at a time per monster, anyhow).

I know the event you mean, though. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)