3 Low Reveiws already, not good :(

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

3 Low Reveiws already, not good :(

Post by segaboy7 »

Am I the only one slightly worried about Lunar Genesis getting three six's, the one nine is good, but three six's that can't be good. Then again it could be for the same reasoning why Lunar EBC got low ratings just because of outdated graphics and such. I dunno but low scores like that already scare me because I don't want this to ruin my favourite series.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I bet if you put Final Fantasy in the title, the score's will jump to all 50s. Still, three 6s really isn't that bad. What is it out of, 10? So a 6 would be a "Well, it was okay."

Besides, I don't listen to reviewers. 10 times out of 10, when I watch a movie, listen to a song, or play a game that got the worst reviews ever, I ended up likeing it. Besides, look at Dukes of Hazard. That movie got low reviews, but it took to box office by storm. People need to be less picky and just enjoy it.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

The sixes were mostly because of some displeasure with the dual battle system. Otherwise, the best elements of Lunar (storyline, characters, etc.) got positive reviews. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Kizyr wrote:The sixes were mostly because of some displeasure with the dual battle system.

You mean the Virtue vs. Normal modes or just the dual screened battles in general?
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

SSS & EB didn't get much better scores than this. It seems Lunar titles don't do that well with critics(well atleast from the places I checked, the scores are pretty average)

So I'm still looking forward to it. It will take more than a bad score from one mag to change my mind. :)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:
Kizyr wrote:The sixes were mostly because of some displeasure with the dual battle system.

You mean the Virtue vs. Normal modes or just the dual screened battles in general?

Dual Battle system as in the two battle systems: Virtue and Normal mode.

The text is updated on the main site, by the way, if you'd like to check if out for yourself. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Actually, the reviews left me more hopeful than depressed. The only negative comments were on the Virtue vs. Normal and new dash thing. The last one said the story and characterization were excellent, so that's always a nice thing to hear. :D
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Ruby
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Ruby »

Are you getting these reviews from sources that tend to match your interests?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ruby wrote:Are you getting these reviews from sources that tend to match your interests?

What reviews? You mean the ones that were just updated? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

Kizry, Ruby is asking the topic creator if he is getting his hopes up/down from a review source that shares similiar likes/dislikes that he does. To rephrase Ruby's question -- "Do you (topic creator) share the same opinions as Famitsu in regards to the reviews the magazines dish out weekly/monthly?"

Anyway, I want to thank you Kizyr for the translations up on the home page. I've read the reviews and I feel assured that the game is still capable of pulling off some immersive tricks on me. Many here hold the Lunar series dear for it's story alone so I hope Lunar: Dragon Song will open those immersive gates for newbies like myself.

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

ok, having the rest of the information clears alot up, I really can't wait now

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

We have to hope Ubisoft can pull through with a great localized story now.

Khan
Nanza Bandit

Post by Khan »

I wouldn't be too worried, it was mostly because of the dual battle thing...besides, didn't famitsu give Wind Waker a perfect rating...I'm not worried about the story, does anybody know if they managed to fix those messed up fonts?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I would hope Ubisoft would 86 the depletion of health for dashing, because that is just an annoyance as the reviewers have pointed out. I just hope the Japanese go out and buy the game, because the series needs support to continue. We are die hard fans here, but we need the public on our shores to buy it as well. It's a shame we won't be seeing a commercial for the game here, but I'm sure it would sell more if it had one.

Khan
Nanza Bandit

Post by Khan »

I just hope that it sells well enough so that more Lunar games release overseas. The dash using up HP sounds annoying but aslong as walking isn't as slow as walking around the overworld in Pokemon without a bike, I won't have any problems.

Felth
Burg Farmer

Post by Felth »

Even Pokemon added dashing (that didn't drain your health) to the games, eventually.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

The gripes with the dual battle systems and the dashing limitations don't seem like a deal-breaker to me. It reminds me of the complaints about paying for saves in the Sega CD EB. (And yes, I know that was a Working Designs addition for the US version, but the it's the same basic principle. It's a minor inconvenience that people -Borgan- about, but it doesn't really hinder how enjoyable the game is in the long run.)

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I'm always cautious when it comes to RPG reviews. How do you review a game that takes 40 hrs to complete anyway? Do they only play it for an hour or two? If the reviewer doesn't get the hang of a battle system, or the plot starts out slow, a killer RPG could get a bad rating. I don't trust 'em... but I'm getting a Best Buy card, a DS, and uh, DS even if running hurts you.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well within a few days everyone will be able to get their DS $20 cheaper. Ugh, it just reminds me how I have a little over a week before school is starting. :cry: