Not to sound like a pervert...

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Show me these pecs of yours, Asmo. Otherwise I just assume you're a skinny girl with snowball boobies. Flora and Lucia have the same boobs, they must share enhancers.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I really didn't even notice until people pointed it out. Normal girls my age don't have boobs that large for their bodies.

As for the whole thing with 13 year old girls dressing up like they do, I totaly agree. I'm 14, so I'm in that age group, but I would NEVER dress like they do in a million years. Maybe that's why I'm not noticed much...but oh well. I just dress in typical clothing. A pair of jeans and a plain old shirt. I know I'm plain. :P

But it's better not to be noticed then dressed like that. I perfer people not to stare at me anyways. I hate attention.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Dark_Fairy wrote:I really didn't even notice until people pointed it out. Normal girls my age don't have boobs that large for their bodies.

As for the whole thing with 13 year old girls dressing up like they do, I totaly agree. I'm 14, so I'm in that age group, but I would NEVER dress like they do in a million years. Maybe that's why I'm not noticed much...but oh well. I just dress in typical clothing. A pair of jeans and a plain old shirt. I know I'm plain. :P

But it's better not to be noticed then dressed like that. I perfer people not to stare at me anyways. I hate attention.

There are appropriate and fashionable ways to dress no matter what age you are. There's nothing wrong with 13-year old girls wanting to dress fashionably. I'm talking about the girls who dress like skanks, though... That I can't stand; I'm wondering how their parents let them out of the house dressed that way. For me, that'd be grounds for slapping my kids. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

GhaleonOne wrote:
Damnit... must... resist... short joke...

Ah hell...

It'd be kinda hard for you to shake them and tell them to stop when the 13 year olds are taller than you are. :P

...Youre an ass.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Show me these pecs of yours, Asmo. Otherwise I just assume you're a skinny girl with snowball boobies. Flora and Lucia have the same boobs, they must share enhancers.

I'm way too prude to take a pic of my pec's as of yet! But I will once I finish the tattoo that I have there, just so that I can flaunt my chest like a 13 year old!!

MiaOne wrote:...Youre an ass.

It's so true. He really is.
ImageImageImage

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Kizyr wrote:There are appropriate and fashionable ways to dress no matter what age you are. There's nothing wrong with 13-year old girls wanting to dress fashionably. I'm talking about the girls who dress like skanks, though... That I can't stand; I'm wondering how their parents let them out of the house dressed that way. For me, that'd be grounds for slapping my kids. KF

I've certainly known of girls who kept extra makeup and clothes in their school lockers and changed there so their parents wouldn't know. One person I knew did it because she smoked and didn't want her parents to notice it from her clothing.

In college I sometimes had some questionable outfits, more from my idiosyncratic fashion sense than anything else. I don't recall getting much specific attention from it, though. As an acquaintance of mine put it approximately, while drunk: "If I [her, that is] wore what you're wearing, I'd look like a slut. That's because I'm a slut. But you're not, so you can get away with it." A whole lot of the skankiness is from attitude, not just the actual outfits.
Last edited by Alunissage on Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, this all brings up an intresting thing I've noticed. When in high school, girls of course wore short short short skirts, thongs, and revealing tops. Now, what got me, is if you so much as look at them, they call you a perv. Uh, hello, look at what your wearing. Duh. Or they get mad when you look at them. "Don't look at me." "Then don't wear what you are wearing."

Though, the last thing you said Alunissage, you're acquaintance is probably right. Now that I think about it...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

MiaOne wrote:...Youre an ass.

Put your hands behind your back and spank him hard!

Oh, and I like the idea someone brought up about Ubisoft raising the characters age a year or two. Either that, or raising a needle and popping some of those balloons.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It's something that is just prominent in Kubooka's designs. You have to wonder why he decided the original Lucia should be so flat chested. Anyway, I don't think we're going to see our in-game characters walking around with large boobs as they fight horny enemies.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

That would be instresting if they did... could you imagine their special attacks? Boob flop! *smack* 378 damage!

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Spirit Icana wrote:
Put your hands behind your back and spank him hard!

:roll:
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

phyco126 wrote:Boob flop! *smack* 378 damage!

:lol:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Silver Phoenix wrote:It's something that is just prominent in Kubooka's designs. You have to wonder why he decided the original Lucia should be so flat chested

From the translated interview in the Lunar I+II artbook, posted here:
Shigema: Originally around when we were beginning "Lunar II," I was insisting that for Lucia's design we do a beautiful woman in men's clothes.

p.100

-Yes, there was that one of her with the light wave, wasn't there?

Shigema: As an image of another world, it was a result that matched the image perfectly. In that sense, I thought it would be good, actually, since the Lunar world itself is another world. And her breasts are tiny (laughter).

-She is thin, isn't she?

Kubooka: That's right. She's not a human, she's more like a child, even if she's called a goddess or something.

Shigema: It was to give the meaning of her being an immature, [gender-] neutral character. I thought, "yes, that's right, isn't it [when I saw her]."

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

See, his excuse for her having tiny nipple-less mammories is because she's from another planet. Now we know why women are flat chested, because they hail from another planet. Though the Blue Star is Earth, so some of us must be living on the moon.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Actually, I bet 1000 silver that if the freaks here in the US actually shut their trap about "OMG!!!!11111 BOOOBIESSS!!! THEY'RE SATAN'S SPAWN! AHHHHH! EVERYONE, QUICK! BAN THE NAKEN CHICK FROM A GAME! SINCE WE ALL KNOW THAT BOOBS WILL CORRUPT OUR YOUTH BUT BRUTAL KILLINGS WON'T!" then I'm pretty sure that Lucia would have been more, natural, not... plain O_o

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I don't see how that follows, since the designs and animation were all Japanese. I can only think of one change to the artwork, the addition of some vines to Plantella in EB. Japanese artists don't design for us, they design for their compatriots.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, but... but... why is Lucia so embarrased when she was bathing and Hiro stumbled upon her? It's not like there was anything to really see. Does that also mean she isn't human? Poor poor Hiro... *snickers*

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, in EBC at least, the point is that she's becoming more human and learning human responses...remember, in the first bathing scene, near the carnival, she's completely unaware of any taboo and wants only to be with her friends, unconscious of how nakedness is viewed, while in the later scene she's become shy, aware of the impropriety. It is probably significant that the two scenes are before and after Zulan, when she realizes that she cares about her companions enough to delay her mission to save them.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, but if there is nothing there to BE embarrassed about, then why be embarrasses at all? I mean, I understand the whole "feeling more human" thing, but... you know...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Nipples or no nipples, she did have.. er.. some size to them in some of the scenes (particularly scenes from EBC). Not to mention, some of the artwork with her in it definately show them to be more than flat. Why they showed it in some places and not the other is beyond me. My own personal opinion is they wanted to keep the nudity factor away from ruining the game for younger audiences, considering the age demographics they apparently tried to reach (Shigema's 13 year old characters, etc.). Also might be a good reason why EB was never developed on the GBA, knowing that the audience was much younger, and would get a more mature rating like Legend did.
-G1