To Play or Not to Play

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Old_School
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: To Play or Not to Play

Post by Old_School »

Silver Phoenix wrote:The Grandia II port on the PS2 suffers as well, but overall it's much better than what was done with Grandia. Of course being a Dreamcast owner I have the best version. *hugs Dreamcast*
Are we talking about the same Grandia series here? The PS2 port of Grandia 2 has animation so slow and choppy that it looks like a slide show -- no exaggeration. It also has murky, faded colors and spell effects that half-disappear during battle. The first Grandia on PS1 did freeze sometimes, but was otherwise a pretty good port that received positive reviews. Compared to Grandia II on PS2, it's the greatest thing ever.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

I thought Grandia 1 (PS1) was pretty good. I have high tolerance for voice acting, so thats wasn't a problem. The battle system, while a little outdated, was still better than most RPGs. It never froze on me, I played it on PS3.

As for Grandia 2, if you don't have a DC, its much better picking up the PC version than the PS2 one. From what I know, the only problems with it are some sound glitches (which can be fixed with a patch I believe) and low quality FMV.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

You're probably better off picking up the Dreamcast and Grandia II. Neither are terrible expensive, and it opens up worlds of other excellent games to play too.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

The only reason I dont have Grandia II is because I want the one with the music cd. XD