Couldn't play this, can someone explain the plot?

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Joshifer
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Couldn't play this, can someone explain the plot?

Post by Joshifer »

ive been a major lunar fan since day 1, (TSS) i got this at launch and i couldnt force myself to play it, so can someone explain the plot and happenings and motives and basicly ending of the game?. i dont want every detail just a summery of the major happenings motives of the villian and ending.
I Dream of a better world. A World where Chickens can Cross Roads without having their motives questioned!.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: Couldn't play this, can someone explain the plot?

Post by Silver Phoenix »

There are actually worse games out there, and yes the game is mediocre but even you can make your way through this game. I've been a Lunar fan since 1993, and I played Dragon Song through to completion. If you bought it you might as well play it so you understand why it feels like something other than Lunar.
Last edited by Silver Phoenix on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

lol to this topic. SP's right, this game isn't unplayable. I logged 55 hours on it.

The plot isn't very relevant to the series, but writing out a summary is sounding fun to me... so here goes, anyway. The villain Ignatius is leading the Vile Tribe in war against the beast folk and the humans. (Beast folk lead the civilized lands in this game.) Ignatius is looking for Althena, who has gone into hiding specifically to get away from him. Why? Because Ignatius is the Dragonmaster and he (apparently) wants Althena to stop moping around and do her job (that is, rule the world). But he wants Althena to do her job his way, and that would be bad, evidently.

Althena's disguised form is Lucia, the childhood friend of the main character, Jian. Lucia falls into Ignatius' hands about halfway through the game. Jian goes on a quest to convince the dragons to turn him into Dragonmaster #2 and thus be capable of defeating Ignatius. Jian goes on to succeed in an unexciting way. Most dramatic thing that happens in the end is that Lucia sacrifices herself to protect Jian. Not that it matters though, because she promptly comes back to life like nothing ever happened. Also, Ignatius suspiciously falls to his (assumed) death, and you don't get to fight him.
「まあいいけど。」

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

(echo from the deep chasm of death)
"I think my leg is broken"
"I'm going to try the other leg!"
*snap*
(Ignatious screams)
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

...and people told me to put in a spoiler marker in the SSH Voice Acting thread... Tsk Tsk! :P

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Once I think that there's a half a chance that this game will be remade I'll worry about spoilers. I suppose that's license to rule in favor of my own amusement indefinitely. ^_^
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I don't think even GA is stupid enough to recycle this piece of crap, and if they are it's no wonder Lunar 3 will be just a dream.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

There's a plot?

Are you sure?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

There is a plot. A plot to rape loyal fans of the series.