Nintendo Dream article now translated

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Nintendo Dream article now translated

Post by Kizyr »

Hey everyone. Y'all might recall the Nintendo Dream article posted a while back, a 6-page article on Lunar: Genesis / Dragon Song. We got it translated now; check the frontpage for the update.

The article sounds like it was written before a lot of information was released. It still explains quite a bit about some of the battle and movement system, so it's worth taking a look through it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Just read it. Good stuff. There's a few little tidbits of new information. It seems there's going to be some sort of way to create items through collecting ingredients. Also, it seems that Jian and Lucia's hometown of Searis is located more or less where Burg was in TSS (it says that the Weird Woods are west of Searis).

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I was actually under the impression that it was a possible early form of Saith, being a port town and all. I think there's a mountain town closer up in the Weird Woods that would be more Burg-flavored.

Edit - Yeah, mountain village is Perit, mentioned on "The world" page of the DS site.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Hmm... I suppose that means the Weird Woods are in a slightly different location then. Or perhaps they're a much bigger forest now.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, they seem to cover a large portion of the map. It's hard to say though. I haven't played the game obviously, so we'll see how it shapes up. I just thought I remember Kiz saying something about Searis and Saith being similiar in the Japanese names. I could be wrong though.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Well, there's very little similarity between the names of Searis and Saith. But, both are port towns on Caldor, so that's where the connection really lies. Burg was an inland village (mountain village, really). But, Searis is to the east of the Wierd Woods, while Saith was to the southwest of it.

Considering how much Lunar changes every millenia, I figure that the Wierd Woods covered different patches of ground in different eras, right until Caldor froze over by the time of EB. So it's not unreasonable to figure that Searis is likely somewhere further north along the coast from Saith's eventual location. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

With the passing of time woods/forests always get smaller, it's inevitable (I probably spelled that wrong)

And I know that the Illusion Woods looks smaller in SSSC then in EBC, but we didn't get to go any further south! I bet you the Illusion Woods spanned all the way to the desert at one point.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

Speaking of Nintendo Dream, here's 2 new scans:
http://www.jeux-france.com/news11423_lu ... -song.html

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

The Illusion Woods were completely different from EB, to EBC. I think the original woods were even bigger too. They also had those trolls...