The Music of LUNAR: Genesis

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The Music of LUNAR: Genesis

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Well, it's that time again: Ol' Zhane has gone and acquired another LUNAR music rip from a game, this time Genesis. The only problem is, THERE'S NO SONG NAMES LISTED, NOR IS THERE A COMPOSER!

So, I'm asking all of my fellow fans to help out. If you know what is the name of the songs or the composer in this game, credit will go up on the ID3 tags of my rip.
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: The Music of LUNAR: Genesis

Post by GhaleonOne »

Someone else from these boards send me the MP3s a while back actually, with names. I'll have to dig my old computer out to find them though. I had meant to post some of them, but I'll try and at least get the names for you.
-G1

jos24
Lostest Boy

Post by jos24 »

i have the soundtrack of lunar ds on mp3 emailme and i send you mi email is xoconoztlevengador@hotmail.com
Althena Bless u

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

jos24 wrote:i have the soundtrack of lunar ds on mp3 emailme and i send you mi email is xoconoztlevengador@hotmail.com
Read the original post. He already has the bloody MP3s. He's looking for information on the composer and track names. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Kizyr wrote:
jos24 wrote:i have the soundtrack of lunar ds on mp3 emailme and i send you mi email is xoconoztlevengador@hotmail.com
Read the original post. He already has the bloody MP3s. He's looking for information on the composer and track names. KF
Worst replacement for -Fatal Hopper- ever. It's like something you'd tell a child to say instead so they wouldn't get in trouble for swearing. Can we get some history behind how this became used in this context?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

It's from the 17th and 18th century, B_G. In other words, a time when there were more cuss words and they were not so overused or used so uncreatively. :roll: It's legitimate.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Sonic# wrote:It's from the 17th and 18th century, B_G. In other words, a time when there were more cuss words and they were not so overused or used so uncreatively. :roll: It's legitimate.

And just what the hell is creative about using bloody in that context?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Sonic# wrote:It's from the 17th and 18th century, B_G. In other words, a time when there were more cuss words and they were not so overused or used so uncreatively. :roll: It's legitimate.
And just what the hell is creative about using bloody in that context?
I use "bloody" in my regular everyday speech. This is also entirely off-topic, and any further posts along this line in this topic will be deleted.
Zhane Masaki wrote:So, I'm asking all of my fellow fans to help out. If you know what is the name of the songs or the composer in this game, credit will go up on the ID3 tags of my rip.
Zhane, weren't you the one who a while back sent me the composer names for the Lunar: Dragon Song tracks? Or am I getting you mixed up with someone else? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Arm
Nanza Bandit

Post by Arm »

Hi, :)

If I'm not mistaken, I had sent to GhaleonOne (uploaded to his ftp) the soundtrack in high quality mp3 format around june 2008. It was complete with the songs titles and such.

The composers names :

Masaaki Homma
Junzo Yagami
Yoshiaki Kubodera
Yoshifumi Iwata

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Arm wrote:Hi, :)

If I'm not mistaken, I had sent to GhaleonOne (uploaded to his ftp) the soundtrack in high quality mp3 format around june 2008. It was complete with the songs titles and such.

The composers names :

Masaaki Homma
Junzo Yagami
Yoshiaki Kubodera
Yoshifumi Iwata
That's right. It wasn't Zhane; you were the one who sent us those; thanks {^^}.

Due to, eh, certain issues, I think we'll only be able to provide some, though not all, of the songs from the soundtrack. But yes, as far as I can tell, those are the composers behind it. (I could check the end credits, but that'd require me playing the game again...) KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Arm
Nanza Bandit

Post by Arm »

I suppose it's due to bandwidth problems. :)
Some songs are better than others. So it's not really a problem anyway , I guess.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Kizyr wrote: Due to, eh, certain issues, I think we'll only be able to provide some, though not all, of the songs from the soundtrack. But yes, as far as I can tell, those are the composers behind it. (I could check the end credits, but that'd require me playing the game again...) KF
We wouldn't want that Kizyr you might go into cardiac arrest. Don't revisit the nightmare!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, Arm, I still have them on the server actually. I keep meaning to get some samples up. Honestly, the soundtrack was one of the shining moments of the game. That and the artwork.
-G1

Arm
Nanza Bandit

Post by Arm »

That's right. :) The game in itself was pretty bad and shouldn't have been called Lunar, but the artworks and musics were great nonetheless.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I never bothered to search for the soundtrack of this game, but since there are mp3's of it's entire listing I'd like a link to download it please. Private message me or post it if you're able. Do not send me a link to corrupted files or I will virtually kick your ass. Thank you! ^_~

Arm
Nanza Bandit

Post by Arm »

Alright, I uploaded the music. The original package also contained the sound effects heard ingame which were found in the soundtest, but I thought it wasn't necessary to put them here.
I captured, enhanced and encoded the music with soundforge choosing a high bit rate
(320 Kbps). So the sound is very clear for a DS game.

Enjoy :)

Armen

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2VWDOX90

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Arm, I can't open the music file because it's an .rar file and Windows doesn't recognize it.

Justinzero
Lostest Boy

Post by Justinzero »

So download WinRar or 7Zip.