About the "Dragons and Dragonmasters" section

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

Check their contact page. I'm sure they have a general customer service email address. In fact, you could even call them up and ask.
-G1

Jian
Reza Thief

Post by Jian »

Working Designs' phone number is (530) 243-3417.

If you give them a call Greensky let me know what they said because I was wondering the same thing. I also have the SSSC guide with the poster offer.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

BTW, SP, I'd still try and contact them. In the past when I've had problems like that, I was helped out. It's worth a call if you just explain the situation to them and tell them you mailed it in a few years ago, never heard back and were told they might still be willing to help you on it.
-G1

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I contacted Working Designs, and they said that they still have posters left over, so if I sent a money order, they would send the poster. The only problem is... I live in Canada. I have to read the poster offer again, I think it may be a United States only thing... :oops:

EDIT: Ooh, it says the offer is available to Canada too, horray.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I tried calling WD, but their offices were already closed. I just know when I call they're going to say they have no proof that I paid, and they're going to piss me off by asking me to send the money again. I also looked at my strategy guides, and I mailed out money to receive both posters, not the one. I sent both offer cards at the same time, and the posters were supposed to be free but the Lunar:SSS poster was $3 shipping and handling, and Eternal Blue Complete was $6. I sent out $9 total. I hate having to pay for things twice, because something is messed up on their end. I'll call again tomorrow, but I'm sure they're going to charge me again.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

ilovemyguitar wrote:They could even do a Final Fantasy VI sort of thing.

Oh please god no... :(
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Hey, FFVI was good! Though I don't want to see a destructed world like that in Lunar. Just wouldn't fit IMO, even with a flooded world.
-G1

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Unless you're a real ass like me and think that's a crock of poo.

Personally I believe that Alex, after saving Luna, hid the peices of Dragon Equipment all over the world so that it would never fall into the wrong hands, but allowed Nall to keep the Sword and Wings.

Although, Nall mentioned that the Wings had lost power over time, perhaps the powers in the Dragon Items were lost over time too.

The items you find in the random caves ARE the dragon items.
Black Dragon Armor, Blue Dragon Helm, Red Dragon Shield.

It doesn't make Hiro a Dragonmaster because he wasn't acknowledged as one. However that doesn't mean he can't wear the equipment.

Just like I could raid the Vatican, beat up the Pope, and put on his clothes (<3 that hat) it doesn't make me the Pope; but I can still wear the clothes.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

In which game? Not EB. There are items titled Dragon Armor, Dragon Helm and Dragon Shield, but the colors aren't there.
-G1

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

GhaleonOne wrote:

In which game? Not EB. There are items titled Dragon Armor, Dragon Helm and Dragon Shield, but the colors aren't there.

They're still the same thing :P
The shield looked the same, so did the armor and the helm!

*mutter, looks for screenshots*

They were the same item!

They wouldn't name something else Dragon-Something unless it was THE Dragon-Something.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Actually, the Dragon Armors in Eternal Blue look nothing like the Dragonmaster Armors in Silver Star Story. There are screens of the equips on Wolgang's site.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:Actually, the Dragon Armors in Eternal Blue look nothing like the Dragonmaster Armors in Silver Star Story. There are screens of the equips on Wolgang's site.

Hrmph, why would it be named Dragon God anything if it wasn't THE dragon God something?

Liars and blasphemers. :P
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

In EB/EBC they were merely called "dragon armor, dragon shield, etc" and I believe it was a Dragonmasters armor at ONE point. I mean...so what the little screen icons don't look the same...there's a lot about Lunar that doesn't look similar, but is. VANE for example. Such a piece of poop in EB/EBC :P

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Oh, I personally think the "Dragon armor" was the real deal that Alex and previous Dragonmaster's wore, but it's not really a proven fact just based on the names alone.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I think it's just armor that someone incised a dragon on or similar, since dragons are sort of the mascots of Lunar. The item descriptions didn't mention dragonmasters. Everyone knows that there are no more dragonmasters, and in SSSC at least it was clear that Alex's armor ceased to exist, so I think it was just some craftsman who decided to call it dragon armor. Of course, there's no explanation for how all this stuff ends up in caves to begin with.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Alunissage wrote:I think it's just armor that someone incised a dragon on or similar, since dragons are sort of the mascots of Lunar. The item descriptions didn't mention dragonmasters. Everyone knows that there are no more dragonmasters, and in SSSC at least it was clear that Alex's armor ceased to exist, so I think it was just some craftsman who decided to call it dragon armor. Of course, there's no explanation for how all this stuff ends up in caves to begin with.

Oh it could be armor made up from like Dragon scales...I mean the little icons looked greenish to me...kind of scaly like.

I really liked the fact that Hiro didn't become dragonmaster...TSS/SSSC and EB/EBC had a different story because of it and it definitely made me feel like I was playing a whole new game, with the same feel.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

That's why I liked EB so much. It drew on SS, but it was it's own game, and added more to the Lunar universe without just rehashing SS elements. Whereas SS was extremely cliche, in fact, probably the best cliche "save the girl and princess" story out there, EB was the perfect epic. They're two different kinds of stories, but the best of their kind, and where they are similiar is that both plots are driven by well done character development.
-G1

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

GhaleonOne wrote:That's why I liked EB so much. It drew on SS, but it was it's own game, and added more to the Lunar universe without just rehashing SS elements. Whereas SS was extremely cliche, in fact, probably the best cliche "save the girl and princess" story out there, EB was the perfect epic. They're two different kinds of stories, but the best of their kind, and where they are similiar is that both plots are driven by well done character development.

IT WAS THE BEST "save the princcess" story though! THE BEST! :P

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I know. That's what I mean. It was the best of it's kind. It took the cliched plot of so many other stories, and did it perfectly. Then again, EB in a way is the same. Rather than the "save the princess" plot, it was the "kill the dark god" plot. However, it was so epic, and the characters made it feel totally original. The whole Zophar/Althena/Lucia arc gave it a good twist, and then throwing in Ghaleon's plans, Nall's presense, and the various little things like the Cult of Althena, an anti-Vane in Neo-Vane, the Dragons getting more background, etc. and it made for a good epic. SS was the same. It had so much originality wrapped around the simple story that that's what makes the series good.
-G1

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

If you are going to say that the Dragonmaster Equipment and the 'Dragon God' Equipment are one in the same, then you can not base it on the name. There is a weapon for Ronfar called the Dragon God's Flail, and last I checked Alex didn't use a flail. :P

...then again, maybe one of the previous Dragonmasters did. :twisted:
- Mike