Lunar: Dragon Song official site goes live.

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar: Dragon Song official site goes live.

Post by GhaleonOne »

And I'm not talking about Marvelous' site. I'm talking about UbiSoft's:

http://www.lunar-net.com/ds/

(and within a day or so it will be viewable from lunardragonsong.com and lunards.com)

And for those who made comments regarding the Ausa's, check the "World" page and read up about the "Rick" continent. ^_^

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

Sweet, just saw the new screenshots. Can't wait to see some videos cause I'm sure it'll look far better in motion.

Gonna go read all the new info now :D

there's also a new screen I didn't find in the screenshots section on Ubisoft store site. Showing a water based attack on the fire dragon:
http://store.ubi.com/item.jsp?item=16038&promo=mglunar

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

BTW, the best part of the site, at least IMO, is found on "The World of DS" section. Check the paragraph regarding the continent of Rick. :)
-G1

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Aha! I knew that continent had a non-floating Vane on it! Perhaps the rise of Vane will be in this game after all. Anyway, I love all the info. It's almost too much to read at once, which is a good thing! :D Everything sounds as if it's going very well, though I was disappointed by the news of a three-member party, static anime scenes, and lack of kitty. Of course, there's a lot to be excited about too! The coliseum sounds cool, and the new characters look neat as well. What's with the biblical naming thing, though? Ignatius, Gideon, Ezekiel, and Jude? I wonder if it has some sort of meaning . . .

Well, it all looks cool. I can't wait to see the gameplay videos that it looks like you'll have up in no time. :wink:
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

Mmmmmmmmmmm................ new Lunar goodness. *drool*
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

laus wrote:there's also a new screen I didn't find in the screenshots section on Ubisoft store site. Showing a water based attack on the fire dragon:
http://store.ubi.com/item.jsp?item=16038&promo=mglunar

Ah! That's definitely a cool shot! The Red Dragon (if that's what it is) looks waaay better there than he/she does in the other screen capture. However, the text is still out of alignment, the logo on the title screen looks like the traditional Lunar logo instead of the new DS one, and the stats for every character in the dragon battle are exactly the same. Just weird things relating to the testing phase, I hope.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Talk about information overload! I nearly died reading all of this stuff! :P I'm not to thrilled with the battle system, but everything thing else sounds so freaken awesome!

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

There's one thing that kinda bothers me

"Still cutscenes will be present in the game, much like Lunar Legend, but of higher quality."

Is this confirmation we won't see animated cutscenes? I mean i'm sure there's enough space on the DS cards to put a couple animated cutsenses in there. :?
When Nintendo Power asked that question in their interview they talked about "fantastic anime-style cutscenes". Would be surprising if they were talking about still images.

Even a puzzle game like Meteos had a nice FMV intro so it kinda angers me to see that an RPG like Lunar won't have any :x

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

As far as I've been told, the scenes are still-based.
-G1

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

GhaleonOne wrote:As far as I've been told, the scenes are still-based.

:( this is dissapointing
They already don't seem to use much of the DS power with the graphics and now there won't even be animated cutscenes.
They coud've make a little more effort since this is first new Lunar game in 10 years.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:However, the text is still out of alignment, the logo on the title screen looks like the traditional Lunar logo instead of the new DS one, and the stats for every character in the dragon battle are exactly the same. Just weird things relating to the testing phase, I hope.

Are you referring to the first screenshot on that site? They still have the Japanese Lunar logo in, that's all. I'm sure it'll be changed to match the US box art. Dunno if I'd call it the traditional one, though; it's only been used in Legend before.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I still say the storyline section is the best {^^}.

Lunar Eclipse wrote:Ah! That's definitely a cool shot! The Red Dragon (if that's what it is) looks waaay better there than he/she does in the other screen capture. However, the text is still out of alignment, the logo on the title screen looks like the traditional Lunar logo instead of the new DS one, and the stats for every character in the dragon battle are exactly the same. Just weird things relating to the testing phase, I hope.

It's all arbitrary things. Those screenshots were taken way back before any articles were published, so they're only there to give a sense of what the game will look like.

...and the stats are completely arbitrary. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

I didn't look at all the content yet, but I just saw the Japanese and North American box art side by side and I must flip-flop with my original opinion and now admit that the Ubisoft version looks much nicer. I hate being a hypocrite, but...oh well.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

:shock:

This stuff rocks. It really, truly rocks. Congrats to G1 and everyone else who helped assemble that site, because it's very, very awesome.

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

Oh boy, I really do hope Ubisoft delays this game's release if they don't fix all the font and text spacing issues. Oh, I'm just overreacting. *knocks on wood*

Thanks Ghaleon One and everyone who contributed to the update.

Ana
Saith Pirate

Post by Ana »

Woo, what an update. I parked myself down and read every word of it. Awesome work!

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

GhaleonOne wrote:As far as I've been told, the scenes are still-based.

But . . . well, I know this is wishful thinking, but couldn't that just mean that the anime is based on a series of still shots? Thus, they'd be like the anime from the original TSS and EB. They wouldn't be FMVs, but they wouldn't be static screens either. Of course, even if it is just static images, I think we all need to take into account the fact that this game is designed for still screens unlike Legend. If that's all they have, they'll probably be used much more effectively since that's how it was made.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Any word on when we'll have video footage of the game in action?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Honestly, not sure. Could be a while. I'll check into it soon.
-G1

Jian
Reza Thief

Post by Jian »

This Lunar: Dragon Song update is awesome! Personally, I think everything looks great! :D

I love the storyline, the characters (especially Jian), the gameplay details, and everything else. I think the Coliseum, along with the deliveries for Gad's Express, will also give you more entertaining things to do by yourself or with your friends to keep you occupied for a long time. I think its going to be fun to see the way the storyline unfolds. By the way, does anyone know anything about any pre-order goodies? I'm trying to decide where to pre-order and when to do it? Lunar DS looks like it will shape up to be what I've been dreaming about for a long time.

Big ups to GhaleonOne and everyone else involved in this massive Dragon Song update! Thanks. :wink: