Lunar:Dragon Song Has Ghaleon In It !!!!!!!!???

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alunissage »

Heh, it always just bugged me that Nall was able to change form, it seemed such a copout. Likewise with the size changes.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Wasn't that a prophecy in one of Gwyn's books? That once in a great many years, a dragon comes along that can change form at will? It didn't seem like something most dragons could do, just Nall (and apparently Ruby was going to be taught). But then, that may have been talking about the Star Dragon, as it changed form into the Star Dragon Sentry. Some of this stuff would actually lend itself well to a new game's story. I'm hoping we get some details in the history books (assuming you can read them -- Legend copped out in the Vane library) in Dragon Song regarding the purpose of the Star Dragon, and some other things.
-G1

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

If that is about Nall and not the Star Dragon, then how exactly could he 'teach' it to Ruby? The way that is worded, it seems as though it would be a gift unique to Nall. Something that one can not just simply learn. If that were the case, then couldn't the first Dragon that discovered it have just passed it on, and eventually each and every Dragon would know it? Maybe I am just misunderstanding the concept..

Then again, I suppose the Dragons didn't exactly get together the second Thursday of every month for Tea and small talk. :roll: They probably only saw each other when Althena saw fit to bring them together as Lucia did. I don't seem to remember any of the Dragons ever coming in contact with each other outside of Ruby and Nall and the aforementioned Lucia situation. (I'm not counting having Ruby and Nall along for the ride when Hiro and Alex visited the Dragons.)

I've never liked how the Dragons seemed so useless on their own. Why did they need a Dragonmaster or Althena to put their powers to use? We need an all Dragon party in a future Lunar. Show that the Dragons are actually capable of saving the world without the help of humans. Although I suppose that would throw the entire underlying 'power of humanity' concept out the window. :twisted:

Okay, going off topic. I'll stop now. :lol:
- Mike

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

NallOne wrote:I've never liked how the Dragons seemed so useless on their own. Why did they need a Dragonmaster or Althena to put their powers to use? We need an all Dragon party in a future Lunar. Show that the Dragons are actually capable of saving the world without the help of humans. Although I suppose that would throw the entire underlying 'power of humanity' concept out the window. :twisted:

Okay, going off topic. I'll stop now. :lol:

I thought on that too. Kind of irked me, but then I suppose that maybe Althena sealed away the power of the dragons so that they could only be used when a Dragonmaster is in their rule because the dragons are so powerful if they are given free reign. They could destroy all of Lunar if they wished. It was explain why they could do nothingwhen Zophar was being revived as well as when Ghaleon confronted them...there was no Dragonmaster...therefore no way that Quark could protect himself in a successful manner. This would also explain the Insane Black Dragon story of preTSS, because somehow the dragon was granted all of it's power freely and it got a little power hungry...I mean naturally dragons (in fantasy lore) have been known to be either really evil or more nutral, but definitely difficult to tame and control.

I don't know. Just a thought.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Well, I'm very sure Quark (OK, I call him Fydie; so I use the Japanese names. ^^') is the White Dragon at this point, which means there is a possibility that the other three dragons (Red Dragon Amelia, Blue Dragon Cyan, Black Dragon Rubeus) may also appear.

I think that Lucia Collins is a bit of a Luna/Lucia combo (Luna = healing powers/bit of looks, Lucia = name/bit of looks). ^^;

Deltath
Lann Fisherman

Post by Deltath »

Quark79 wrote:This Ignatius guy definitely looks like Ghaleon, probably because they want you to believe that he's Ghaleon ancestor, or related in some way.

I don't think Ignatius looks any more like Ghaleon than Rufus looks like Leo, or any other characters with racial similarities.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It's just Kubooka's design style. Lemina is a blonde spitting image of Mia, yet has a completely different personality. Leo and Rufus have the obvious same looks. Ghaleon/Ignatius to an extent (I'd say he's the last of those previous three). Personally I think Jian looks quite a bit like Alex and Hiro in many ways. The facial structure is Hiro to a T, and the clothing is very Alex-like. Flora reminds me of Fresca some. I think Kubooka keeps with the same styles in a lot of his characters. I mean, look at that one character from Giant Robo. I've never seen the anime, but if anyone has seen that character, he's the spitting image of Ronfar.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:I've never seen the anime, but if anyone has seen that character, he's the spitting image of Ronfar.

I remember a while back some folks at LunarHope pointed out that a character from Porco Rosso looked like Borgan's long-lost twin. At least, I think it was Porco Rosso; could've been something else.

Anywho, given some of the limitations of animation, it's only expected that a few of the characters with similar backgrounds will have similar features and look alike. There's enough of a difference between all of them, if you ask me. But just like folks (including myself) theorize about Tempest and Fresca being Jean's ancestors, folks may theorize about a connection between Flora and Fresca. Perhaps we'll find that Flora is from the same tribe as Fresca, or at least an older variant of the Plains Tribe. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

Deltath wrote:I don't think Ignatius looks any more like Ghaleon than Rufus looks like Leo, or any other characters with racial similarities.

I absolutely agree. I see no similarities whatsoever between Ghaleon and Ignatius. Face, style of hair, clothes...even skin tone(Ghaleon is the most pale anime character ever), it's all different.

Kizyr wrote:But just like folks (including myself) theorize about Tempest and Fresca being Jean's ancestors

That's never occured to me, what makes you say that? I'm pretty interested in hearing this, when I first played TSS Tempest and Nall were my favorite characters.

Kizyr wrote:I remember a while back some folks at LunarHope pointed out that a character from Porco Rosso looked like Borgan's long-lost twin. At least, I think it was Porco Rosso; could've been something else.

Porco Rosso? Hmm, I think that was a Miyazaki film. The same guy that did Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, etc...yeah? By the way, nice work with the Genesis site...I didnt see anyone else here other than G1 credit you on that, so I thought it was worth mentioning ^^;;

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Well, technically, it's my scan. I was about to post it here when Dark Fairy linked it. What can I say, I'm slow.

Sorry about that. I saw the article and I had to post it. :P

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

YoungDyne wrote:That's never occured to me, what makes you say that? I'm pretty interested in hearing this, when I first played TSS Tempest and Nall were my favorite characters.

Well, I figure the Madoria Plains in EB are about the same place where the Plains Tribe used to reside in TSS (comparing the maps of the two it works out). Jean also has a similar complexion to Tempest. Of course, that could just mean she's descended from the same tribe, but hey, Tempest and Fresca had like 7 kids so chances are there's a connection somewhere down the line.

YoungDyne wrote:By the way, nice work with the Genesis site...I didnt see anyone else here other than G1 credit you on that, so I thought it was worth mentioning ^^;;

Thanks {^^}. I get the feeling that some folks forget sometimes. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Kizyr wrote:
YoungDyne wrote:By the way, nice work with the Genesis site...I didnt see anyone else here other than G1 credit you on that, so I thought it was worth mentioning ^^;;

Thanks {^^}. I get the feeling that some folks forget sometimes. KF

We don't forget, we just hate you. :D
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Lunar:Dragon Song Has Ghaleon In It !!!!!!!!???

Post by Zhane Masaki »

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAINS...Necropost. X3

Lunareb is officially dead.
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!

ZeroVortex
Burg Farmer

Post by ZeroVortex »

moar necro. XD

just had to throw this out there.
this guy reminds me of borgan XD

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Zhane Masaki wrote:BRAAAAAAAAAAAAINS...Necropost. X3

Lunareb is officially dead.
Dragon Song made sure of that.