Lunar Genesis site

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Genesis site

Post by Dark_Fairy »

The offical Japanese site for Lunar Genesis is up at http://www.mmv-i.net/game/ds/lunar/ I'm not sure if anyone knew about it or not. I wish I could read Japanese though...but all that I can tell it only looks like information about the game itself (Like it's cost, the platform, all that good stuff), and information about a few of the characters are the only things on the website right now.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, more info from it will pop up on the dates listed when you rollover the various sections. Looks like story and system will be up tomorrow. I'm sure Kiz will likely translate anything important, but we should have our stuff up soon.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

So far, there isn't anything new on the site yet except for the Japanese packaging. The Japanese version will come with a sticker / seal of Lucia; that's under the Information section. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I want a sticker. :?
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I hope we get the sticker too...even though it's probably not going to happen. :(

Khan
Nanza Bandit

Post by Khan »

meh, it's just a sticker, nothing too desirable. I want something crazy like the Lunar Silver Star Story Complete deal, that thing came with so much stuff (alot useless, but nifty none the less.)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You mean all three items, one of which was a map for the wrong game? Not sure what you mean by "so much stuff".

danth
Reza Thief

Post by danth »

Alunissage wrote:You mean all three items, one of which was a map for the wrong game? Not sure what you mean by "so much stuff".

Ohhhh...I always wondered why Caldor's Althena shrine was on that map but not in the game.
I want to go back.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Regardless, a soundtrack and cloth map is still better than a sticker. Though the making-of movie was pretty nice as well.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Indeed. But we already covered this in that preorder thread. A sticker is better than nothing, which is likely what we'll get. Although stickers don't do much for me since I never use them.

The cloth map was actually of TSS, not SSSC. I still wonder at that error, but I'm not sure there's any real (hand-drawn) map of the SSS world other than the one in the Saturn MPEG manual. I think all of the ones we know of are in the main site's map section, though I just noticed the TSS and EB maps are reversed when you click on them, and the text needs updating. I really should try to put together those two that I scanned in halves.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

There was an explination of that actually, but it's been so long ago, I don't remember what it was. I think it did have to do with the lack of any SSS map.
-G1

Jian
Reza Thief

Post by Jian »

RPGFan has news about the Lunar Genesis at their site. It says that, "Those who pre-order Lunar Genesis in Japan, will be treated to a cleaning towel which can be used to clean the DS' two screens." It also says that Lunar Genesis will cost 4,800 yen or $42.99 in US Dollars.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I saw that last night too. Perhaps the official site in Japan changed the preorder gift between the time Kiz translated and the time RPGFan translated it.

I'd personally rather like the gift RPGFan mentions as a pack-in. I've got enough Lunar stickers at this point, between ones from WD, and ones out of Japan I got through other source. Like Alunissage, they don't do much for me. A cloth that might have the artwork on it would be far cooler IMO.

Jian
Reza Thief

Post by Jian »

I'd rather have the cloth map over the sticker too. But I'll take whatever we get, if anything, and I'll be happy. :D

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I was happy when I found out the cloth map in SSSC was actually a map of the TSS Lunar. TSS is the best :P And I hung it up.

I want a sticker AND a cloth map....>.>
I rather like stickers, they're pretty. I never used any of the stickers in the SSSC/EBC guides, but I like to look at them.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Ooh . . . the newest updates on the site are interesting. That Flare Tornado-esque move that Gabryel is doing looks pretty cool! Also, it seems as if the top screen has an image that scrolls left or right and the floor on the bottom rotates independently in a pseudo-3-D way. The finished product should be awesome!
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

No, my bad, I misread that.

It's a DS Screen Cleaner with Lucia's image on it.

That's what I get when I skim. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Mmm... DS screen cleaner *drools*

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

Too bad those screens are tiny and most of them aren't even new(been seeing them in scans already)

Only new interesting screen is the gif with Gabriel attack. That looks pretty good but a movie would've been better :(

Also, there's still no shadows. I'm starting to think it won't even have them in the finished game which is pretty lame imo. :?
How difficult is it to put some shadows in there, seriously.

Oh well, it still looks pretty good and based on that gif animation, it'll look way better in motion so can't wait to see the first video.