Completing the impossible task

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Completing the impossible task

Post by Angelalex242 »

What, you my ask, is the impossible task?

Here they are, folks...the level 99 stats of Jian, Gabryel, and Flora.

Jian:Level 99, HP 999/999, MP 120/120

Atk 506, Def 417, Agi 328
Int 220, Dex 260, Luk 300

Crystal Boots
Paladin Suit (this restores 19 hp per round. It's 2% of max hp, not 4%, or, 1 hp per 50 Jian has)
Dragon Gloves
Dragon Bandana
Gale Ring (or other elemental ring)

Gabryel: Level 99, HP 860/860, MP 160/160

Atk 464, Def 414, Agi 294
Int 300, Dex 280, Luk 200

Fighting Fists
Champion's Uniform
Dragon Gauntlet
Fighter's Hairband
Magic Booster

Flora: Level 99, HP 600/600, MP 260/260

Atk 288/340, Def 334, Agi 220
Int 402, Dex 218, Luk 230

Composite Bow/Crystal Bow (Composite chosen for 3 attacks...)
Angelic Dress
Shiny Wristband
Crystal Haircomb
Stardust Ring (Note:From level 75 on, this restores 2mp per round to Flora. It's 1% of total mp, not 1 mp...) Restores 1mp per 100 the user has, so restores 2 at 200 mp.

This, therefore, is my achievement. I will note, as levels get higher, equipment breaks seem to become much less frequent. The higher my levels got, the fewer times I had to hit the power button.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Considering I couldn't even get all the way through the game, your dedication amazes...and kind of scares...me. *applause*

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Did you record every stat at every level, or only the lv 99 stats?

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

That's not impossible. Just masochistic.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

As usual, I didn't have the patience to sit down and record every level. I just got to the end and recorded what I saw. Only key differences...notably, Flora having exactly 200 mp at level 75 and that causing the Stardust Ring to restore 2mp per round instead of 1 stuck with me.

Oh yes. The achievement took 65 hours and 34 minutes of game time.
The achievement was mostly done by running the Negri Ocean Lab. Over, and over, and over again. Each Negri Ocean Lab run yields an average of 900,000 xp or so if you clear it, so it doesn't take TOO many of them to hit level 99.

The Negri Ocean Lab beasties are actually tougher and stronger then the ones in Ignatius's castle.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hm. I finished the Japanese game with levels in the 70s, I think; maybe I'll see if it's any different. Seems unlikely.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

*applauds*
-Nobi

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

:shock: Hard to believe anyone would have the patience for such a task, especially since the monsters level up with you. Kudos. :D

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

If you really want to impress me, you'll figure out the level 99 stats for Lucia and Rufus. :-P

This is cool, though. I'm in the middle of another playthrough of Dragon Song at the moment, and I'm finding I'm enjoying it more this time through. Maybe it's the lowered expectations?

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

ilovemyguitar wrote: This is cool, though. I'm in the middle of another playthrough of Dragon Song at the moment, and I'm finding I'm enjoying it more this time through. Maybe it's the lowered expectations?
Not to mention your superior knowledge of what works, what doesn't, and what to avoid doing. Second playthroughs are always full of "ahh, and here's that spot where I screwed up last time I did this, so instead I'll try..." for me.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

DezoPenguin wrote:
ilovemyguitar wrote: This is cool, though. I'm in the middle of another playthrough of Dragon Song at the moment, and I'm finding I'm enjoying it more this time through. Maybe it's the lowered expectations?
Not to mention your superior knowledge of what works, what doesn't, and what to avoid doing. Second playthroughs are always full of "ahh, and here's that spot where I screwed up last time I did this, so instead I'll try..." for me.
What did it for me is using and abusing the cards.

Hellbird + using magic all the time = much less irritation in battles. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'll have to remember that if I do try levelling up my old save. I didn't start using cards until the final dungeon. =)